sterilising birth pool

xxembobxx

Reaction score
Just wondering if anybody else is sterilising their birth pool?

I have a brand new liner but the instructions say to sterilise it. Plus I have to test it out (and LO will probably test it out too!) so I'll need to sterilise after that - or do I not put the liner in until I'm in labour :shrug:

Also how easy is it to check the pool and empty it? I'm on my own during the week and struggling a little with everyday chores so can't really see how I would sterilise the pool unless I got in it (and then it wouldn't be sterile would it?!)

Any info on what others have done would be great :thumbup:

hmmmmmm im interested in the answer to this question too, the lady i got my pool off said it was cleaned down with Milton after she last used it and she had used a liner in it as well so i was planning on just putting the liner in when i fill it since i know my hotwater system can run 2 back to back bathtubs of hot water which is what the capacity of my pool is anyway

I have milton too.

I have milton (it smells like swimming pools!) but do you have to sterilise the liner? or just the pool?!

Really I just want to be able to get away with putting up the pool, adding the liner and jumping in for a super-quick, no-fuss, no-pain birth.
What are my chances? lol
I can't manage the usual cleaning let alone scrubbing a pool!

You dont need to sterilise a brand new wrapped up liner :) if it's a second hand pool it's worth washing out with hot soapy water then Milton. You don't need to fill it though just a thorough wipe down :) the liner will make life looooads easier for who ever is emptying it! Just leave it pumping out and when it's almost done lift out the liner and bin the lot! Oh an tip for getting the liner on. Blow your pool up but not fully. Leave it a bit soft. Put the liner in and pull in to place then pump the last bit up. Trying to put a liner on a firm, fully inflated pool is like putting a single fitted sheet on a double bed! A pain in the arse!

my pool didnt have a liner in it as it was forgotten, there was barely enough time to fill it! my doula had sterilized it after it was washed with vinegar and it smelled nice and squeaky clean afterward!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->