Still bright red bleeding 8 days PP, any reassurance is appreciated

MoonLove

Reaction score
My bleeding my VBAC has been much lighter than I expected, I had several days, 4-6 days post partum where I had totally clear sanitary pads.

Yesterday I made my first trip out since birth, I walked all round town and I was knackered. I'm really achey (in my legs and groin) and I've been having much heavier bleeding (only like period). Yesterday I was looking in the mirror at my bits and I had a gush of blood down my leg. Just like normal period but dripping down my leg it wasnt very pleasant.

Just now I showered after having been out again earlier and laying flat most of the evening and getting out and looking at my bits in the mirror, blood started pouring again. It dripped all onto the floor and freaked me out. I was reading online that it shouldn't be bright red anymore (8 days pp) and it's worried me. I am worrying myself and I'm really tired and convincing myself I'm really light headed.

I see the midwife again on Mon but I'm just so bummed that this is happening. I know it's probably because I've exerted myself these past couple days but I don't know if this is normal or if I should be cautious. I'm so fed up of worrying about everything :'(

I can't remember exactly how long I bled for (it's all a bit of a haze) but it was a pretty long time. It came in fits and starts too ... just when I thought it was over, it would start up again. And it was definitely red for more than 8 days - I remember the midwife on day 10 saying 'And the bleeding has changed to brown, yes?' and I lied and said yes because I was tired and confused and didn't want to be examined, lol.

I'm totally fine. And it did stop eventually. Are you breastfeeding? I found that when my baby was feeding more often, I would bleed more, I guess because it stimulates the uterus to shrink back down.

Best to be safe and mention it if you are worried! I'm sure it's fine but I know how you feel - I was a total emotional terrified wreck after I gave birth. Everything scared me. :hugs:

I'd say that sounds completely normal, especially because you've been running around so much. Gosh, I definitely wasn't up to being out all day at only 8 days pp. I was still only just about managing to shower daily at that point and still don't think I'd even left the house! Bleeding can last for 6 weeks and be a mix of red or brown depending on how much you've done that day. I think I had red bleeding for 2 weeks, then brown, then it came back bright red at 4 weeks again (wasn't a period as I didn't get a period for 5 months) for a few days before went back to brown and eventually stopped. All that sounds very normal and it's also normal to feel tired and not yourself still. If you truly think you may be anaemic though, talk to your midwife. It's probably not from the bleeding itself (unless you're bleeding so much that you're going through a pad an hour, that's too much), but you do lose a lot of blood at birth and you might just need to up your iron stores a bit.

Sounds normal to me, as I am having the same thing. It's been over a week and I still have bright red bleeding off and on. Just when I think it has begun to stop it starts up again. :/ Fun stuff.

I bled on and off after having my baby a few yrs back. It would ne bright and heavy to brown and barely there, then all over again. I did a really long walk at five weeks pp and it got heavy again.

Yea the more active you are, the more you will bleed. I read that if you find yourself bleeding like that then you've done too much and you need to relax. I spend a lot of days just sitting around or propped up in bed watching netflix while the baby is sleeping. :)

I'm at like 16 days post c-section and my bleeding is very very minimal but it is still "red". I believe its totally normal though.

I know it's probably because I've exerted myself these past couple days but I don't know if this is normal or if I should be cautious. I'm so fed up of worrying about everything :'(

Yep, I'd say you're on to something there :D Shouldn't be anything to worry about (even if it is bright red). If you take it easy you should notice it easing off a bit.

With DS2 I didn't get much chance for rest as DS1 was just 2yrs and from the day I got home from hospital it was go go go. As a result I bled more and for longer than I think I would have if I could have had a bit more down time. Health nurse told me to rest, DH, OB told me to rest.... I thought they were organising a roster to look after DS1 but no....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->