Still every 2 hours

Cgreel

Mommy of 1
Reaction score
So I've been ebf since birth. I was prepared for the frequent nursing sessions for the first month but my almost 4 month old is still waking in the night every 1 1/2-2 hours! We put her to bed around 8:30/9 and she sleeps good until about 12. I'll nurse again at 12 and from then on she doesn't go longer than 2 hours without waking. Her naps in the day are fine, not too long so I don't tho kits that. I'm wondering if it could be gas because she is fussing and pulling her legs up to her chest. Or worried that shes not getting enough milk and may need to supplement at night. It just seems at this age she should be sleeping longer. Thoughts?

Same here lol so no advice! I thought it was normal? Xx

Totally normal especially round the 4 month mark when they get a big growth spurt. Its a total killer the constant night waking, My LO didn't get better till after 5 months old and by 7 months I did give a bottle overnight. My LO also had colic and wind, its so difficult to know what the problem is.

Sounds like the regression. I read some great blogs about it makes you see things in babies perspective (or what scientist believe goes through their minds) I stay away from the sites that tell me there is something wrong with my baby and I need to make her cry it out or she'll be ruined forever......load of crap! Its like when we a adults are either under a lot of stress or have something super exciting coming up we lose sleep tossing and turning all night thinking about it....we can't get comfortable and our bodies get restless.....basically what our babies are going through because of all the developmental spurts. Another site said around 4 months babies are more aware of surroundings and therefore are eating less but more frequently because they're distracted and the last thing you want to do is try to sleep train a hungry baby..

I read your post and it is my baby's sleep habits exactly!! Except some nights like last night where he didn't even get the longer first block of sleep so it was every 1-2 hours all night argh. And he's 4 months old. He had JUST started to sleep a bit longer at night and then yeah 4th wonder week started. Not really just a 'week' though as this is the longest growth spurt yet. I use the Wonder Weeks app on my iphone. Helps! But yeah doesn't talk about the sleep issue. Sigh. Ok maybe it'll get better at 5 months!

At 4 months is when its acceptable to give them cereal. Probably a little early and more will end up on the jammies than in the tummy but that may help before bed. Dont put in a bottle tho, spoon feed. My son is 2 months and goes down around 9:30 and wakes once at 3am like clockwork for a feeding and doesnt get up again until I wake him at 7am to get ready for daycare and out he goes again until around 9-9:30am everyday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->