Still learning all this

Arcanegirl

Bazinga!!
Reaction score
Im still doing like im blind :lol: so i have more questions which might be simple/silly or they might not :blush:

How do i know when Alex has had enough eating solids? He sometimes turns his head away the same as he would when he doesnt want anymore from a bottle so im guessing thats saying enough?

He sometimes (well more often with me for some reason) will sit crying but still taking from the spoon (opening his mouth for it) is that another way of saying enough or something else like "im bored"?

How do you handle feeding in public, Ive yet to have an enjoyable meal with him as he will take a few spoonfuls then start crying/screaming.

Im still doing like im blind :lol: so i have more questions which might be simple/silly or they might not :blush:

How do i know when Alex has had enough eating solids? He sometimes turns his head away the same as he would when he doesnt want anymore from a bottle so im guessing thats saying enough?

Probably is his cue of having enough.

He sometimes (well more often with me for some reason) will sit crying but still taking from the spoon (opening his mouth for it) is that another way of saying enough or something else like "im bored"?

hmm could be that he is bored or had enough. have you tried giving him a spoon to play with while you feed him? that way he can practice

How do you handle feeding in public, Ive yet to have an enjoyable meal with him as he will take a few spoonfuls then start crying/screaming.

Hannah had finger foods from early on so we'd give her bits of what we were eating (usually steamed veggies etc. sometimes bread). we also took bananas or other cut up pieces of fruit to give her while we ate

He has a highchair toy flower thingy which he played with but i guess it doesnt keep him occupied that long :lol:
We did a more "playful" lunch earlier and he was much happier and took more to eat.

I would say not opening his mouth for the spoon, or turning his head away would mean he's had enough.
Sometimes Ruby will sit there moaning but still be shoving her finger food into her mouth (we're BLW) and I'm equally clueless as to why. I just let her get on with it until she drops the food then I end the 'meal'.
We have problems in public too. Ruby will happily eat/play with bits of my food but she gets bored quickly and will obviously not sit there quietly for the duration of the meal, she starts screaming. TBH I avoid giving Ruby solids in public at the moment.

we always took little rattles and toys along as well when we were eating out to help distract once Hannah was full (though to be honest she made it through a large part of the meal because she has always loved to eat :blush: :rofl:)

The crying thing Noah does when he has wind. Just a suggestion :) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"