Stocking fillers for 14 month old

Status
Not open for further replies.

motherofboys

Reaction score
I've managed to find enough bits for his actual presents (which was tough, 4th boy with pretty much all of his big brothers toys saved for him) now I'm struggling for stocking fillers.
I usually try to keep them quite small and £1/2/3 per item. So far on the list its a tooth brush and socks. All the other things I think of for his brothers are not really suitable (stuff like lego blind bags)
I don't want to put sweets in there as I've got them a plastic popcorn box each that I'm going to put some sweets and snacks in. Although I'm struggling there for him too. Few small chocolate bits and some popcorn, then what? :dohh:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product...art_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2O507QG46L6FL Xmas finger puppets 1.59

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=455333147&pf_rd_i=468294 mini baby maracas 84p

https://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Online...sim_by_59?ie=UTF8&refRID=07K0X6KH85RR6QW4XZ3K Flashing spikey ball 98p

Bubbles
Crayons
Glow in the dark stars for celling
Chunky cars from elc
Christmas teddy
Mitts hat
Bubble bath
Chocolate Santa's/coins

Xx

For Isabelle's main stocking present when she was 13months was them squeaky eggs by tomy

They were the biggest hit ! X

Toothbrush timer https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/191345623818
There's other ones and other sellers :)

I've got DS2 some books and a character plate, bowl and beaker set for his stocking so far as I feel like everything I look at we already have or have something similar. I can't imagine how hard it would be with 3 kids worth of stuff already!

i was going to get a character plate/bowl/cup set but it wont actually fit in his stocking so was just going to be one of his other presents

Last year my youngest was 15m i found it hard to buy things for the same price range as things i could pick up for my oldest.
he got (that i can remember)
small wooden instruments
little thomas train
bath toy
bubble bath
flannel
toothbrush
socks
little set of books
cutlery
finger puppets
a cup
some chocolate

Last year Zoe was 9 months and I struggled to find suiable thing - in the end I just got fewer, bigger items than I got for Hayden. Neither of them noticed and we didn't end up with stuff she didn't want / wouldn't use. Some ideas:

Misical instruments
Happyland / playmobil blind bags (playmobil maybe not the right age range though)
Wooden jigsaw puzzle
Finger puppets
Small soft toy
Cutlery set
Bubble bath
Bath crayons / ordinary crayons
Small cuddly toy
Small books (little board book sets work well, or Mr Men books)
Toy cars
Schleich or similar animals
Smurfs
Wooden spinning top
Mini tubs of play dough
Hayden's favourite stocking filler at about that age was a little frog shaped torch I got from M&S, he stll loves it now at almost 4, and we haven't even had to replace the batteries!

Hope that helps, I love coming up with stocking filler ideas - I always wanted a stocking full of fun little nick nacks as a kid, but my parents didn't see the point and put some of our main presents in a pillow case instead.

We never had stockings either but theres so much fun to be had from those tiny little things that don't really seem like much by themselves. Our stockings are not very big so they do have to be reasonably small which is what poses the problem at that age really. He doesn't need as much as the other, just a few little bits.

Father Christmas leaves our stockings on the landing for us to find when we get up, and we open them upstairs, which also helps build the excitement and anticipation.

Our house is really old and has fire places in every room (unused) so we hang the stocking on the mantle in their room and he fills them after putting everything else downstairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"