Stomach bug, weight loss 19 weeks

wish4baby

Reaction score
So I'm a little worried, thinking about calling my OB but it's probably nothing...a pretty severe 4 day stomach bug ripped through our family. I thought I'd be spared b/c everyone got it but me, but nope, I got sick sick on Tuesday night. It's bad stomach pain with vomiting. I am able to eat some and drink, but a little while later it comes up :(
I've lost 10 pounds - at my last appointment my weight gain came up & dr said try to focus on eating healthily & not gaining like crazy from this point forward, but I do not want you trying to lose weight.
So now I'm going to go in next week and it's going to look like I lost weight on purpose...plus I'm worried about baby. anyone have a bad stomach bug while pregnant?? Can it be harmful to the baby?

Yes. I threw up for 4 days straight around 12 weeks due to a nasty stomach flu. It knocked off about 5-7 lbs. Mostly water weight.

As long as you aren't already underweight, there's little to no impact on the baby. Remember some woman experience a lot of weight loss first and even second trimester.

Just get back to normal eating and drinking as you can. If your body needs more, it will demand it. I've read the baby takes its nutrients first. Maybe because of where the placenta branches into the maternal system as it's close to the digestive system.

As soon as you're able to eat again some of the weight will come back. I'm sure they won't think it was intentional especially if you state the situation

i had a horrible stomach bug around 18 weeks. i lost 5 pounds which is a big deal because im 5'4" and only 112 pounds at 24.5 weeks.

pressed post too early. all is fine with baby. he is growing nicely

I had a stomach bug when I was 16 weeks pregnant... I was already 10lbs down due to morning sickness and lost a further 8lbs. Once the bug has passed it doesn't take long to gain it all back with normal eating. Hope you feel better soon x

I wouldn't worry about weight loss unless your under weight, I still haven't put any weight on, just keep losing. Was the same in my first pregnancy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->