Stomach muscles

whatwillbex

Reaction score
The past two months my upper stomach muscle above my belly button seems different. It's hard to explain, it's looks a bit like a slight cone. It's like I've broken the middle part of my stomach, it's hard to touch. I'm quite physical and always lifting dd onto the bike daily. I can't tell if this is normal due to my growing bump or if I've done some damage to my muscles some how. It doesn't hurt, just feels/looks bit weird and really noticeable if I get up from lying down.
Just wondering if anyone else has had this and if so did it return to normal after childbirth?
X

Does it stick out when you use your muscles? They may have split, there are exercises you can do after you give birth but you have to be careful not to make it worse. There's a proper latin sounding name for it that I can't remember right now something like dias recti but that's not right

It's called diastasis recti, if you google you will find all sorts of info on what activities to avoid to keep from making it worse, and what exercises to do postpartum to fix it.

Agree with pp. sounds like diastasis reci which is common both in pregnancy and post partum. Same thing happens to me

Thank you I didnt realise it had a name. I have just googled it.
Oh joys.. little relieved though... wasnt sure what was trying to pop out, my partner wouldnt touch it! haha x

I had this when I was pregnant with my first. When I'd sort of lean back my bump would go into a triangle. I had this all along! And I've got it again. After I had her they gave me classes to go to, as my stomach muscles were 4 fingers apart, but I've always had a really toned stomach and it bounced back after DD. Don't worry about it, in my case, before I was pregnant I used to do a lot of stomach and core work, so I'm not sure if that could be why or how it happened.. but I had the whole leaning slightly back triangle bump through my whole pregnancy and it looks like it's back again now xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->