• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Strange goings on after c section

bluecathy1978

Mum to 6 kids & 2 angels
Reaction score
My baby will be 6 weeks old on Friday and I gave birth to her by emergency cesarean section.

Recovery has been pretty rough. This was my 3rd c section and my 7th baby. When she was 2 weeks old I had a suspected infection and took a course of antibiotics.

For the last few days I have been having pain in my abdomen above where my scar is so it isn't that, feels like it is my internal scar. I admit that I had been doing much more last week but my husband had gone back to work so I had been back to my normal routine with 7 children ie school run, cooking, cleaning ect plus looking after a newborn and think I have overdone it.
****TMI WARNING ⚠ TIME****
I wasn't too concerned until last night when I passed a funny looking clot/tissue. It was about the size and length of my little finger and was pinky, white, and a bit red. I had a bit of yellowish mucus following it. It had no smell and I've not had anything since but still having abdominal pain/cramp.

When I first got the pains I thought it was my period returning but then this happened last night. As it has no smell and I don't have a temperature or feel ill I'm wondering if it is an infection or just my body clearing itself out? I know I probably need to go to see my gp but it is difficult to arrange an appointment as my husband is back at work and I have nobody who will take care of my children when I go.

It needs to be a real emergency before I can persuade my husband to try and get time off!

No advice, but can you check if your surgery does telephone consultation with the doctor? At least you wont need to come in initially

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->