Strange Rib Sensation

auntiesarah25

Reaction score
I'm 26+4 and have a strange feeling in my left lower ribs. It's worse when I'm laying on my sides - go figure! - but I feel it when I'm sitting too. It's uncomfortable, not quite painful. It comes and goes during the day but the more I sit the worse it gets. It's sort of a numbing feeling. With my last pregnancy I got it at about 32 weeks I think and thought it was a baby foot hanging out in my rib cage. Now I'm convinced that wasn't the case at all.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I had pre-e with my last pregnancy so sleeping on my back makes me nervous but is the only way I can get comfy.

I just had this happen yesterday for the first time only it was my right rib, and I am certain it was the baby. I couldn't even really sit because it felt so awkward and like I was squishing him, but I am 32 weeks (funny you mentioned that). I had an ultrasound today and they confirmed that he was along the right side right where I was feeling him...at least he was until she ticked him off and he balled up and sunk down low to try to get away from the ultrasound. So I think there is still a good chance that it could be the baby you are feeling.

I got this with my first an also had pre-e and get it with this one. I've had it since 16 weeks and find it so uncomfortable... I have absolutely no explanation for it and neither do the drs unfortunately... They even sent me for a scan to see if it was gall stones but no... I find it worse on my right hand side particularly when laying down or sitting..

Sorry I can't be of any help but I just wanted you to know you are not alone.

Xxx

I have this numbing like discomfort.. It comes and goes and worse when I'm laying on the side.. Not sure what it is..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->