stranger anxiety

Vickie

Hannah & Rhys <3
Reaction score
We had already noticed that Hannah gets really anxious around other people, especially if they try to look at her and God forbid talk to her :rofl: Anyways the doctor confirmed she is going through a stage termed stranger anxiety. She recommended that anyone who comes in do so quietly, speak to her quietly, and not try to invade her space until she gets comfy. So how do I tell this to the MIL?? :muaha::rofl:

Anyone else had this problem?

awww poor hannah! hope she gets through that phase quick.

So how do I tell this to the MIL?? :muaha::rofl:

:rofl: oohhh Vickie! You seem to love your MIL as much as I love mine!! :lol: I would definately (sp?) tell her to make sure she doesn't speak too loud, or doesn't pick up Hannah right away...

Josh went through this stage too, but it went away quite quickly. I made sure he was still seeing a lot of people even though he was a bit scared. :)

Can I use this to get my mil to stay away for a while? :rofl:

Lol, I wish! I'm already in trouble with my OH coz I don't appreciate her crappy gifts enough, lol. Would be so much fun, although Savannah always cries when she's being help by her anyways. :rofl: She's mummys favourite girl!

lol @ MIL comment!!

My Caitlin LOVES people craves the attention :dohh: other week she had the whole antenatal clinic waiting room of people and nurses in laughter for about 30 minutes :dohh:

Hannah's really shy it seems, and has been like this for a good month and a half. Anyways Saturday we had a fiasco where all the in-laws were in the kitchen while I was trying to feed Hannah, and Hannah started screaming at them, I eventually kicked them out!!

Just emailed this to the MIL about future visits

Sounds good, you can let us know closer to time if you will be here for lunch or not. I can give you a rough idea of Hannah's schedule as it is right now (it could easily change between now and than of course, you just never know).

7:45 a.m. up and bottle and breakfast
10:30 snack
12 bottle and lunch
2:30 snack
4 bottle and dinner
5:30 bath, playtime/book, bottle, bed at 6:30

We prefer that she doesn't get interrupted during her main meals. We certainly don't mind you being here at those times but if you all could stay back a bit so we can get her to eat it's really appreciated :). We talked to the doctor today and she told us it's quite common at Hannah's age to have stranger anxiety. She also said that Hannah's doing great, weighs 16 pounds 8 ounces now and is almost 28 inches long. She got her 6 months shots as well. I told the doctor she is fully weaned and she was really happy with the progress Hannah's made. We don't have to go back for another three months so we must be doing something right :)

I'm not sure if I told you about Stan's birthday? I am holding a party for him in our party room (upstairs where Hannah's party was) on Saturday March 21 from 1-5. We really want you guys to be there, it's his 30th so it's a big one! I'll be emailing invitations probably in the next week or so.

Vickie

hopefully it's not rude :blush: but I really can't have them upsetting her while I'm trying to get her fed

I don't think it's rude at all !!! Very polite ! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->