Strengthening lower tummy after c sec

helena

Mum to 2 boys and 1 girl
Reaction score
Hi all,
I had a section 8 months ago. I finally realised I need to start doing some exercises so popped on a DVD. And found I couldn't do a sit up with legs flat or without arms flailing. There is just NO strength there. Crunches are fine, but no more. I suppose they use the upper abs. But how to work on the lower stomach?
Do you think the lack of strength is to do with the op? (I had 2 in the last 3 yrs). Also I kind of ache around the scar now... Normal!?

Ta x

Hey.. Do you have any weights or if you could get hold of any a bar with weight on the end would be ideal otherwise try and find something you could tuck ur feet under, by doing this it will help you to do a sit up..

To work the lower abs you really need to work with the legs so, lie on floor with legs straight up in air lower to about 3 inches from floor still keeping legs straight and back up but do it really really slow. Also you could lie on the floor bend ur knees in to your chest and straighten keeping legs off the floor and again keep controlled and slow..

Hope this helps.. xx:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->