Strep B test done next week...

If I remember right, it's a quick swab of your vagina and bottom, that's all. I always have my done around 37 weeks when my doc first starts cervix checks..

Not sure exactly WHAT it is, but I know if you are positive, you'll get antibiotics during labor to keep baby from getting it.
The test is a swab of your jay-jay and bum (both internal) it was slightly uncomfortable and akward but not bad at all!
GL

It's a q-tip thing you swab just inside your vagina and anus. At my doctors office they give you the q-tip and container and the nurse leaves the room while you do it yourself.

Had mine today at 35 + 1. Like others said about it is a swab of your girly parts. The midwife inserted and wiggled the swab around then dragged it out and down toward my bottom. She didn't actually swab my anus.

What is this? Why did I not know this exists? LOL does not sound fun. When do they usually do this?

It takes about 20 seconds and while awkward doesn't hurt at all! My ob did mine but some will have you do it yourself. My sister dropped her swab on the floor after and had to do it twice... made me laugh when she told me that :)

What is this? Why did I not know this exists? LOL does not sound fun. When do they usually do this?

LOL!
Mine was done at either 35 or 36 weeks. I can't remember exactly but i think it was 36

Mine was done at 36 weeks. Swabbed my vagina and anus. was uncomforable but quick. Some women carry this type of bacteria, which is fine, and you'll always have it, but it can be harmful to baby. It's not an std, and its not something you can "cure", but they will give you antibiotics during delivery to make sure baby doesn't get it because it can cause meningitis etc.

It was a light swab of the vagina and anus. I hardly felt it. My friend said she did it herself in the bathroom, but I find that weird, since maybe someone could do it incorrectly? I ended up testing positive and will be on antibiotics during labor. Honestly, after hearing how babies can die from Strep B or get stuff like meningitis, I'm glad I'm having the antibiotics. I will take probiotics right after, just have to figure out which ones to get.

Since Strep B can come and go, I find it weird that they test at 36 weeks. What if a lady has active Strep B at a different time closer to labor and then has it during labor? I know they can treat the baby if it has signs of having contracted it, but it still seems scary. I feel like doctors should recommend taking probiotics during third trimester, if not throughout the entire pregnancy just like they recommend folic acid.

Urgh, I know I am having this done next week, but didn't know the details. Now I am stressed. I HATE having my bits poked and looked at.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->