Streptococcus B, ABX a must?

Marumi

36, DS 7 and 2
Reaction score
I am 4+2 weeks along and contracted streptococcus B, the throat infection type, not vaginal.. (sorry if thats not the right English term).

I know its normally treated with antibiotics, but I have lyme disease and antibiotics will cause a Herxheimer reaction, which could be bad for the pregnancy.

Yet, I have been having stronger cramps, ever since I got sick. I am taking Ibuprofen.

Last edited:
Ibuprofen isn't recommended in pregnancy so if possible change to an alternative (paracetamol) As for antibiotics there are many available so your gp may have one possible that won't interfere with your current health issues. Hope you get sorted x

Ask your doc for an antibiotic that will work for your condition. And I agree that Ibuprofen isn’t the safest. Get into a doc ASAP and get treated.

Sadly Ibuprofen only worked to keep the fever below 39 C (and barely...around 38.5 with Ibuprofen), plus the pain was so severe I was shaking.
Paracetamol did nothing. I might have as well eaten candy.
Though in Germany Ibuprofen is now considered safe in early pregnancy since newer studies found no adverse effects.
My doctor actually recommended it in this case.

Sadly every antibiotic will induce a herx. When the lyme bacteria feel under attack they go ape shit and drop a lot of toxic waste into the body. Not great at this state of pregnancy either. I want to keep them dormant.

I took one antibiotic and just after a little bit already reacted with vertigo. I went through a year of severe vertigo, I can't go back there.

I went to see an OB GYN at the hospital. All seems well with the pregnancy, but they can't explain the strong cramps.
Magnesium does not help either in this case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->