Stress and TTC

35andttc2

Reaction score
So I've been ttc for a few months now. I haven't been on birth control for almost 2 years, we were using condoms up until this summer. We stopped using condoms and then I started tracking my cycle in August. Still haven't gotten pregnant yet. In Sept I was still figuring out when I should ovulate and I was using the calendar method. I think I was off a few days as to when I should ovulate because I had just started tracking. In October my mom had a stroke on the day I was supposed to ovulate. I was sure that I was pregnant... noticing signs and symptoms. We were trying up until the stroke happened but then stopped due to everything happening. Then in November, I got the OPK strips and tested everyday up until a few days before I was supposed to O. I missed a day testing due to everything going on. Then my mom passed away and I missed another day of testing. Two days I missed testing but I never got a positive OPK. I was thinking due to all of the stress my body was just out of whack and maybe I didn't O. I'm pretty sure I ovulated in October, I had sore breasts and all kinds of symptoms. I was so certain I was pregnant in October. Anyway, I've been testing everyday 2x a day in December and I haven't got a positive OPK yet. AF is due Dec 16 which is still 12 days away and I know luteal phases can be shorter than 12 days. But I'm beginning to think there is something wrong with me. Or maybe my OPKs just don't get dark. It honestly looks negative (light pink around a white line) as it gets closer to my next period. Today's line were strong pinks both times but not darker than the test line. Do I not have enough LH to get an egg released? I had a daughter 13 years ago when I was 22. it was a lot easier then. I started using preseed this cycle as well, based on the calendar Nov 30-Dec 4, because the OPK is still negative.

When are you reading the opk? I've noticed that with the brand I use I need to let the stick sit for at least 15 mins (longer if possible) to get a good result. They look neg to me immediately, but I definitely see a line as dark as the control line (if I've had my surge) when they stew for a bit.

Edit/PS: are you using fertility friend to track? Amazing tool! You could also try tracking basal body temps to see if you're having a temperature spike indicating ovulation. Before I started tracking bbt I just had an idea of when I might have been ovulating over a several day period. With temping I was able to nail it down (though this month I fell off the wagon...sick with temps in the low 100's so bbt wasn't helping much!).

looks like we started planning to have a baby around the same time. I`ve tried a few different ovulation calendars - webmd, baby center, the one on the first response site, etc. They all same about the same time. Nov 30-Dec 4 or Dec 1-5 I should ovulate. I test in the morning before work and then when I get home from work. Last month I only tested in the morning. Also this time I`ve been waiting 10 mins to read. Last month I was waiting 5 mins to read. They say you can read in as little as 3 mins. Then I noticed it said for best results wait 10 mins. I keep hoping I will see a line. Or eventually get pregnant... I`d like to see that line. A few people in my family have had babies post 40 including my mom so my family is like you are still young. But every month I feel defective;(

I've used OPK's on and off over the years and I must say the best time to test is around 2pm ish for me. The ones I used I off of Access Diagnostics, the professional ones and they are in a round little tube. They are very cheap and are very good.

I've always used Fertility Friend for tracking and it's good, I would recommend. I've done the whole BBT thing too, obviously it lets you know if you have ovulated but won't really let you know when you are about to ovulate unless you also do OPK's too.

Try testing at a different time of day, you can still do it at work :) Hopefully, you'll not need to do it for much longer.

Its too late to do the temperature thing this time. My OPKs are definitely lighter than they were yesterday and the days before. Is that a sign that the surge already happened? AF is due Dec 16th so I'm at 12 days before my next period... not sure if the 12 days is for the OPK to be positive or if it should've been yesterday to allow the BD time between OPK is positive and actual ovulation.

Have you guys used ClearBlue digital opks? Very easy to read - you wait a few minutes and it either shows up as a smiley face or a circle. No guessing whether it's + or -. Highly recommended.

My reply didn`t post. I will give the digital a try next time if I get a BFN on the 16th. I am hoping the neg OPKs are user error and I am actually ovulating. I registered for fertilityfriend and it had my estimated ovulation as Dec 2 which is a few days earlier than other calculators had said. We started BD everyday since Nov 30 so it is probably safe to rest now. Hopefully we have it covered. Most calculators have said 12/4 for ovulation which would be 12 days before AF. Fingers crossed preseed is a miracle worker. Thanks for all the advice.

Fingers crossed for you! :dust:

Seems like we are close in timing this cycle, as well as time trying; I'm due to test on the 15th. Asking Santa for a big bfp for both of us!!

And I know what you mean about family history. My grandmother had her last baby at 41 (she had 10 kids...fertility wasn't an issue for her!), and I'm in my 5th cycle at 35 with no bfp wondering wth is up with the genes I was passed, lol.

As for the opk's, there have been a couple cycles the last few months where I only came up pos on an opk for one or two days...if I had missed testing during a very narrow window I would have assumed they were neg. Good luck with the Clearblue, hopefully they will get rid of any ambiguity!

I`m praying for a BFP. I am going to the dr next week for annual & to discuss trying to conceive. It hasn`t been 6 months yet but I am hoping just asking someone to look at it (all my dates and what we`ve been trying - OPK, preseed etc) will cause it to have worked this time. Like how your computer works when you try to show the IT person your error. At least if it doesn`t happen this cycle we can start a plan for treatment even if it is come back in a month or two. I am inpatient person... I was hoping to be 5 or 6 months pregnant by Christmas & now I might not be pregnant at all for Christmas:( Good luck to you on the 15th. The 2 week wait is the hard part. Only a few more days. Are you going to test early before missed period. I usually do but I`m feeling it as a waste of money after so many BFN each month. I think I will wait its depressing to get BPN.

Like how your computer works when you try to show the IT person your error.

That made me LOL...so true!! :)

Good luck to you too, and thank you! AF is due tomorrow. I've been cramping this morning and really did expect to see AF today, but nothing so far...crossing my fingers. I broke down and tested this week, and I don't know why I do that. When I see the negative it's really disappointing, but I'm still holding out until I actually see AF, you know? It's not over 'til the red lady sings!

I hope your appt goes well next week. Are you wanting to have blood tests done? I went through a mini fertility work up last April when I was having hot flashes, but FSH etc. looked fine (turned out to be just a reaction to a medication I was on. Phew!).

If we don't see a BFP this time around I'll be making an appt to see a repro endo next month. I think my fear right now is that I have a weird blockage or scarring from previous surgeries for cysts (which could at least be fixed, I hope). A woman I work with was surprised that I was going to see someone after only 6 months of trying, but she also didn't realize that 35 is the "cutoff age" for getting help to see what's up after 6 mos instead of a full year. And it's really weird; a part of me is thinking I should have been 5 mos pregnant as well by now, but another part of me really thinks 8 mos-1 yr to conceive is the realistic time frame I should be looking at.

In any case, happy Friday!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->