Stressed out. Please can people read and help?

xZoeyx

Reaction score
Okay so I'm having a little girl. I'm only 19+1 however I have anxiety issues and to control these I'm extremely organised.

Me and my other half absolutely cannot agree on a single name :cry:

I've always wanted Isabella Rose however one of my closest friends is pregnant and claims she's wanted "Bella Rose" for years before me an I already had disagreements when my son was born because he is Jacob which is too close to her son "Jake" she says. So I really don't want that fight again.

My other favourite is Chloe however that's my brothers daughters name!!

So we have this tiny list of names my other half likes, the problem is, I don't really love any of them, infact I barely like them. I'm getting so stressed out. My family like none of the names on this list either besides Isabelle which I still feel is too close too Isabella.

Jessica
Isabelle
Amy/Aimee.

That's it that's all he likes. What can I do :( I've trawled the net for names and had absolutely no luck whatsoever.

If my brother didn't have a Chloe, that's what we would pick 100%

My top picks for a girl is Quinn, Michaela, Hope and Faith if that helps.

Jessica is cute too but I get what you mean by wanting something you both love. I like Jessica but I don't love it and hubby, well he hates it but we have only ever had one name picked out for our daughter. As for your families, who cares what they say. This is yours and your partners baby and no one else has any say in what you call her at all! Don't give them a chance to form an opinion. Keep the name between yourselves until she is born as that makes it official and they can't say anything.

Good luck naming your little girl!

I would just decide what you and your dh like your family will get used to it
Love the name Chloe

Honestly imo claims mean nothing, if my best friend and I had kids with similar names then so be it, I'd never say anything about it and frankly we'd probably find it funny and talk about our good taste in names. Plus how do you know who wanted something the longest, its kind of petty. If Isabelle Rose is what you both love then go with it. I'd rather love the name and use the one I've always wanted then worry if it's to close to what my friend would use or has used.

Good luck!

How about Gabriella, you can still keep the nickname Ella if you was going to use it:) Who is due first you or your friend??

Is your friend definitely having a girl? How far along is she?

I like the name Cleo, it sounds fairly close to Chloe without being exactly the same.
Sophia Rose sounds pretty. I wouldn't see the problem with the same middle name as her child... but if she's been so icky about baby names, it might be worth it to just cut ties and name your baby whatever you want.

I'd go with your original name and if your friend still wants a Bella rose that's fine, it's a different name. And I guarantee there's a lot more than one child in the world with the same name so if she wants to be petty over it you don't need a friend like that.
That's just me though. One of our close friends has an Oscar, and I had Oscar on my list. If OH had agreed and liked it too, it's likely our son would have had the same name as one of his peers. No big deal imo.
Isabella rose is lovely.

I think I'd stick to your original name choice that you love despite the fact that your friend says she's picking similar.

Does it matter if you have an Isabella & She has a Bella? Not really? You may meet a friend after your daughter is born and become really close to them, would it matter to you then if your children had the same or similar names. You'd probably compliment each other on your good name choice!

I say go for the name you love, you'll end up regretting it and resenting your friend if she chose to go with Bella.

Good luck :hugs:

I also think you should just go with Isabella Rose. Isabella is an incredibly popular name, so if you do call her that, she'll end up knowing other Isabellas/Bellas anyway, even if your friend doesn't call her daughter that. I think if your name choice is one of the top name choices of the time, no one can really lay claim to it as it's not unique and there'll be lots out there the same.

Go with the name you love, of course. There will be hundreds of girls with that name scattered around the world, who cares if your friend's daughter is Bella. No one has a prior claim on any name.

If my brother didn't have a Chloe, that's what we would pick 100%

Just a thought, on my father's side I have 2 cousins called Samantha and 2 cousins called Lee - except one is spelt as Leigh. DS2 is Brayden-Lee as well.

On my mother's side, my sister's middle name is Nicole and her daughter's middle name is also Nicole. This baby will be Kairi Nicole. My cousin's eldest is Caleb, my brother's son is also Caleb.

If you really love Chloe, I'd use it. Who cares what your brother's child is called. :) And your niece might feel special to have her little cousin named after her - I know my sister and niece will. :)

Don't let your friend hold you back from choosing Isabella Rose! Not sure how far along she is, but how would you feel if she got to the end of her pregnancy and decided at the last minute to change her mind and pick something else?

Plus she shouldn't be negative and petty over a name! It shouldn't matter if your kids have similar names. You have just as much right to pick your favourite names as she does, and if they happen to be similar then so be it. It should be something you laugh over, not get into figthts and falling outs over. Also, both Isabella and Jacob are fairly common names... lots of people like them, thats why they're popular. Its not like she picked something really random such as and then you wanted the same thing. That might be a bit more frustrating if she'd gone to a lot of effort to pick a 'unique' name.. but thats obviously not the case here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->