stretch and sweep!

BabyB2

Reaction score
Just had my (almost) 40 week appointment and was offered a stretch and sweep, so decided to go for it! Baby now 3/5 engaged (he was completely free at my 38 week appointment) and my cervix is very low, soft and dilated to 2cm. Fingers crossed that it won't be long now! Think I'll spend the evening now bouncing on my birthing ball!

Fingers crossed your on the way to meeting your little one :) x

Please keep updating! I'm only 37 weeks but doc gave me a sweep yesterday anyhow, and I've had a bloody show this morning,with some period cramping but no contractions yet :/ did have a bout of diarrhea though (sorry tmi) . Really hoping this baby is ready to come on out!

I'm just not sure if the bloody show counts after a sweep?

Well, had a period of tightenings late last night, but they didn't develop into anything more (other than yet more loose BM-sorry if TMI!). I lost a little bit more plug this morning though. Still hopeful that it won't be long, but who knows? It took 3 stretch and sweeps over a period of a week to get my friend's labour going-I guess he'll come when he's ready. :shrug:

I am one of those people that if having a stretch and sweep want it to happen instantly so would be getting very frustrated by now. It took 2 for anything to happen with my son then he was born very quickly. Maybe something will happen today :) x

not until next wednesday (next midwife appointment) at 40 + 4. Lost a rather large bit of plug this morning. I've started a baby sewing project in a bid to tempt fate! Sods law dictates that I won't finish it...or so I'm hoping!!

I've decided mine isn't going to work as I've only got three hours left on the clock lol byt hopefully its done some good and I will be more "ready" at my appointment Wednesday,and that one will work. I also ended up with some loose BM though :/ strange.

I've decided mine isn't going to work as I've only got three hours left on the clock lol byt hopefully its done some good and I will be more "ready" at my appointment Wednesday,and that one will work. I also ended up with some loose BM though :/ strange.

in what kind of time frame would it work if it is going to? Is it 48 hours?

in what kind of time frame would it work if it is going to? Is it 48 hours?

I've been told that anything after 48 hours is considered a failed sweep... not that id be disappointmed if I went 60 hours later either lol

I had my 3rd this mornin baby does not want to come :(

Oh no! Poor you! Keep us posted!

Persuaded hubby last night that he needed to take some responsibility and do what he did to get me in this state in the first place :blush: At 3am it looked promising as I work up having contractions and pretty intense back and thigh pain (I always feel it in my thighs when I get bad menstrual cramps), but they eventually stopped :growlmad: Think I'm going to head our for a nice long walk soon. Decided a day of physical activity might be in order. This thread is fast becoming a personal diary of my final days of pregnancy, but it is kind of cathartic!

I'm pretty sure my LO wants to stay put for now. Still having bit of bloody mucus plug though(sorry tmi), so who knows. I've given up trying to get contractions going as its exhausting. Ill just wait it out until Wednesday and see if he is ready then.

Good luck though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->