Stretch Marks

Goods

Reaction score
Ok, I know this is a terribly vain subject to post about but I just wondered if any of you mums have any tips to avoid stretch marks?

This is my first pregnancy and I've always been slim, never bigger than a UK size 12, but I've already got stretch marks on my boobs, hips and inner thighs, I'm assuming from puberty. I'm resigned to the fact that stretching is in my DNA, my mum was the exact same. So was hoping for some tips to avoid or reduce them since genetics aren't on my side. Lol.

Start putting stretch mark cream on now. I put some on my tummy, boobs and lower back/love handle area after every shower. Once I really start showing, I'll put it on in the morning and at night. You just need to try and keep your skin as hydrated as possible. Unfortunately, stretch marks are pretty genetic. But that doesn't mean you can try everything under the sun to help prevent them! Good luck!!

I'm like you, have some from puberty and initially they stretched and I didn't get many others, until I went overdue. And once he was born they were terrible. It didn't help that I put on 4 stone.
I used all the creams and oils, but if your going to get them there isn't anything you can do about it.
I would recommend health e eating and not using pregnancy to eat for two though, I'm being strict with my food this time.
Xx

Thanks Ladies. Any particular creams? I've heard about Bio Oil but it's expensive, and coco or cocoanut butter, any suggestions?

I'm covered in stretch marks just prone to them, I have them from losing and gaining weight since I was a teenager. I'm going to be covered in them during pregnancy I bet but it will hide all my other fat ones I can just be like oh I've had a baby lol

I'm covered in stretch marks just prone to them, I have them from losing and gaining weight since I was a teenager. I'm going to be covered in them during pregnancy I bet but it will hide all my other fat ones I can just be like oh I've had a baby lol

Haha, this made me laugh. I need to adopt this attitude too :) xxx

i have 4 babies born..i started to get them in the first pregnancy and tried anything to get my hands on that would say helps stretch marks..

i finally got this stuff that is 100 percent lanolin...its called lansinoh

took what i had away never to be seen again and didnt let me get anymore..

i know everyone is different and u sort of have to see what works for you..but after 4 kids...i have zero stretch marks...and my mom is full of them all over her boobs and belly..

im thinking i found one of the winners..i know there is a few out there...

gl

i have 4 babies born..i started to get them in the first pregnancy and tried anything to get my hands on that would say helps stretch marks..

gl

I've just googled it and it says it's cracked nipple cream, is that right?

I used a mixture of Palmers cococa butter, bio oil and Elemis Japanese camellia oil.
Very little of the latter though as its quite expensive.
I have zero stretch marks from lo.
I was VERY small pre pregnancy and by the end I was huge & was stretched beyond belief so much so that my sonographer commented on it several times.
My advice is to start early and do it as often as possible.

gl

I think it is. I wonder if people use it for stretch marks too. :shrug:

gl

I think it is. I wonder if people use it for stretch marks too. :shrug:

its actually for both....its one of them that saved ur boobies if ur breastfeeding..i know they saved mine and they stop stretch marks and make them disappear if you had them..

at least they did for me.....i got told about it from my mw with my last baby...so im not sure what is out there now but i would get this again if i ever get another bfp..

I have them from puberty also so I naturally assumed that I would get them. https://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a629/LiveLaughLove0416/76128A92-BD7A-4EBD-ACC9-11866B646DFB_zpsn6j87ctz.jpg this is my belly today.. I'm so excited that I didn't get one strech mark so it's totally possible to get them during puberty and not get them while being preggo. I never really used coco butter because I used it as a teen and it did NOTHING for me. During my pregnancy I found a cream by St.Ives that's actually a face cream for "timeless skin" with collagen elastin.. I swear by it.

I think much of it is genetics and varies person to person but we can try right? Whatever cream you get if you apply it right after your shower and then seal it in with a fat (evoo, bio oil, coconut oil, etc) and like the pp mentioned start early in pregnancy not just when you get a belly... the fat will help hold the lanolin/glycerine the components of the cream & moisture in. Stay away from sun for the time being too, it kills the elasticity of your skin.

I have had two 9lb babies at term and no stretch marks! I am 5'8 and 150lb, so average. I got stretch marks on my hips and butt from puberty, so I was sure I would get them with pregnancy. I rubbed Burt's Bees Mama butter on my belly and sides every morning after a shower, 1x daily. If I felt itchy during the day I would rub more, generously. I never got even the slightest stretch mark or sign of one and my belly button even popped out way early. I carry my babies way out in front (I never look pregnant from the back). I wish I would have known to slather up my breasts though because I did get stretch marks on those. I never used any of the cocoa butter for stretch mark creams of anything like that because I preferred the scent of the Burt's Bees product. 1-2 containers should last the entire pregnancy.

I truly believe the best way to avoid stretch marks is to be healthy throughout pregnancy. Things like plenty of fresh water throughout the day, lots of fruits and veg and nuts/legumes, plenty of good fatty acids, and working out to help prevent unnecessary weight gain. I also dry body brushed everyday, and used a basic sorbelene everyday :thumbup: I only got a few on my hips from after birth, from losing so much weight so quickly, and some on my boobs (but they are tiny, so when my milk came in, they exploded. Not at all surprised I got them!)

But some people are just more prone to getting them then others, so the more pressure you put on yourself to avoid them, the more upset you will be IF you do get them.

I'm like you, a UK size 10-12. I was worried about stretch marks too. I had a few on my thighs when I must of put on weight after leaving school so I was terrified I'd be covered in them.

I'm 38 weeks now and have been using palmers stretch mark massage lotion throughout my pregnancy & have been using a cheaper version of Bio Oil in the bath (just a few drops) so it can soak in, I've done that whenever I've managed time to take a bath instead of shower.

I've got 3-4 small red marks on my hips just appeared but don't seem like deep stretch marks and I'm honestly suprised I wasnt covered since 20 weeks . I'd deffo reccomend putting something on exleast once a day if you can manage it. I'm sure it made a difference for me.

Either way you've got a beautiful baby inside you & every mark will be worth it. :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->