Stretch marks?

Xrosex

1st Trimester
Reaction score
Even though im only 5 weeks pregnant im really worried about getting stretch marks. Im very small and thin so does that mean im definitely going to get them? All the woman in my family carry big but nobody has any stretch marks, can it be genetic? What is everyone doing to prevent them?

I tried to prevent them with my second son with creams but he destroyed me!! Lol hopefully you'll have better luck! With my first son tho I had no complaints and not one stretch mark!!

Every woman is different but genetics can play a huge part in it. Unfortunately there's no certain way to prevent them. Try keeping your belly really moisturized with a cocoa butter lotion twice a day to make the skin more supple and easy to stretch. Also keep super hydrated.

Im using cocoa butter daily and iv always moisturised anyway so hopefully that will help, finger crossed i got my mothers genetics!

Argan oil! The best pure natural oil to prevent stretch marks! Happy to send you details of where I buy mine! I also use it as a moisturiser/make up remover and hair treatment so a fab product xx

Iv used argan oil as a hair product but never realised tou could use it as a moisturiser, ill try it thanks! X

Ah yes its perfect, face, hair and body! Great cor preventing stretch marks, used it twice a day with dd xx

I used moisturiser every day on my belly from about 16weeks with my last pregnancy and got no stretch marks but didn't think of putting it on my breasts too and got a load of stretch marks on them although maybe they came after I had given birth when my milk came in? I hope I can prevent them on my belly this time too.
But my advice would be moisturise your breasts as well!

I wouldnt have thought to put it on my boobs either haha ill remember that x

Don't think there is actually anything you can do to prevent them I'm afraid :( I thought I had got away with them when I was pregnant with my son then woke up at 37 weeks covered in them one day. They fade so you can't hardly see them anymore so I wouldn't worry. Be too busy looking after baby to care about silly Stretch marks anyways :)

A doctor I know told me that the main thing we can do is to stay hydrated, so I'm now drinking at least 2 litres of water a day...I'm also using bump cream on my tummy, hips, bum and thighs and boobs xx

Don't think there is actually anything you can do to prevent them I'm afraid :( I thought I had got away with them when I was pregnant with my son then woke up at 37 weeks covered in them one day. They fade so you can't hardly see them anymore so I wouldn't worry. Be too busy looking after baby to care about silly Stretch marks anyways :)

This. You can try creams and try to stay hydrated to help with elasticity of your skin but if you are predisposed to stretch marks, you will get them. I got a few with my son and by the time he was 2, they were so faded that they almost matched my normal skin tone. If you end up with really bad ones, there are a lot of products that help reduce the appearance of them. A friend of mine sells the ItWorks products and she swears by one of their creams for getting rid of stretch marks post partum.

I thought id gotten away with no stretch marks with dd... it wasn't until after she was born that mine showed up... it was the weirdest thing, but I ended up with just a few on my love handles and TONS on my boobs!!!!! None on my stomach though and it got big in the end (see my pic)!!!

I tried to prevent too, bio oil 3 times per day, lots of water, baby oil... didn't matter lol. I thought I would get away with it because my belly was perfect until 35 weeks. Then I saw a little one by my hip and literally a week later they were everywhere!! I was really bummed. When I really saw my belly for the first time post partum I cried. I thought I destroyed my body.

Honestly though my son is 9 months now and they have faded quite a bit. I still wouldn't wear a bikini or anything but it is ok. The loose skin bugs me more. Your body will change for sure after carrying and bfing a small human but it really is all worth it in the end. Certainly wouldn't trade the experience of pregnancy and motherhood for a supermodel body if offered.

So basically you will get them or you won't. No use stressing about it and save your money on the fancy oils... they don't work.

Thanks everyone for the advice i know it wont matter once my little babies here but its just one of the many things im worried about!

It has a lot to do with genetics, age, skin elasticity,... Even having spent a lot of time outside in a bikini 10 years ago will change the factors and make your skin more susceptible to damage. Thankfully, stretch marks do fade and may even disappear over time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->