Stretch marks

Mississippi03

Mom to 1
Reaction score
I am ghostly white and in the past 3-4 weeks have started getting stretch marks on my hips and tummy. I use lotion twice a day.. But i am allergic to cocoa butters and coconut oil.
They are in their angry red phase.. I know eventually they will fade to that silver white
But has anyone had success with reducing the appearance of and/or getting rid of them post pregnancy?

Are there any oils you're not allergic to? If you can, put your cream on straight away after being in the water (shower, bath, pool, etc) within 3 min and then oil. I've used olive oil (when we were at the in-laws cabin and I forgot my coconut oil), bio oil (this is a wee bit pricey though), my gf made a lovely anti-stretch-Mark blend for me when I first announced my pregnancy, there was olive oil, flax oil, argon oil, with a vanilla bean infused in it. I still don't have stretch marks but I think there's genetics behind them too. Oil def helps tho to keep the moisture in.

Miss I lost a bunch of weight after ds2 and toned up and they were hardly noticeable. And that was after two large babies. I use an Avon body oil but I'm not using it religiously. lol.

I swear by bio oil- def worth the price! Helps improve ones that are there too.

I dont mind paying the price if it will help!
It seems to be the coconut im sensitive too which is odd because I eat it without issue but on my skin it makes me itch like crazy.
Will the bio oil ruin my clothes? Should I be putting it on before bed with a crappy tee? Id like to get something now while they are still fresh because apparently they are easier to reduce when new

I dont mind paying the price if it will help!
It seems to be the coconut im sensitive too which is odd because I eat it without issue but on my skin it makes me itch like crazy.
Will the bio oil ruin my clothes? Should I be putting it on before bed with a crappy tee? Id like to get something now while they are still fresh because apparently they are easier to reduce when new

My DH has a PhD in chemistry, there's no difference in the lipids in bio oil compared to a mix that you can make yourself, it's the fact that you will go to the efforts to protect your skin from drying out that really works. Bio oil absorbs (it's pretty thin) and won't leave any stains but neither do any of the other oils that I've used. The itchiness is the combination of stretching & dry irritated skin, any protective lipid will prevent against stretch marks & itching.

I put mine on just before bed and then old (anything that fits!) pjs. I haven't found it stains.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->