Stripping Nappies.. And Washing Routine.

Blue_bumpkin

Love My Little Monkey :)
Reaction score
:wacko:

What does 'Stripping' mean? Sorry for being dim.. :blush:

Also whats everyones washing regime like :flower:

It's like getting out all the built up residue, maybe from them not getting clean enough, too much detergent it not all rinsing out.

I just did a type of stripping i guess last night, I put all the diapers in my washer, got them all wet, then poured in TONS of white vinegar and a huge scoop of oxiclean, it foamed up and I let it sit all night, then rinsed it all out and washed and dried them. They smell really nice. But the real test will be his nighttime diaper tonight, how it smells in the morning lol. But apparently this is the best way to get out stinkies

My normal washing routine is every 2-3 days I do a cold rinse, hot wash with detergent, cold rinse and an extra cold rinse. Then I dry it all on low heat

I thought vinegar wasn't good for the nappies :shrug:

I do wash cycle with prewash 60c with 1/4 washing powder no conditioner :D

I do a strip wash say every 2 months, i put a full load of nappies on with a full amount of detergant and then wash on 60 and keep rinsing until bubbles go.

I wash every 2 days at the min as my bucket isnt big enough to go longer! I wash on 60 with half amount of detergant, and make sure its on a super rinse. xx

I know many many people who use vinegar with every rinse cycle and have no issues at all. I did that soak on all of my diapers which range from Goodmamas, Mutts, Fuzzi Bunz, BumGenius, prefolds and more with no ill effects :) I have used vinegar in rinse cycles occasionally for 2.5yrs too

I've just done a strip wash with a dishwasher tablet in a 60C wash with an extra rinse cycle.

My regular wash routine is Vanish bar on stains, then cold rinse cycle followed by a 60C wash with 8 soapnut halves, then I tumble everything that takes a while/needs to be soft for 20 mins on medium, and then finish on a rack. I wash every 3 days.

I do a strip wash the same way as erin. Full scoop of detergent, hot wash then rinse and rinse and rinse until all bubbles are gone.
My normal wash routine is every 2 days. Take out inserts and pop everything in the machine. Heavy duty warm wash with half the amount of detergent and once a week use vinegar in the rinse cycle. Then I hot tumble the inserts and cool tumble the outers. I've never needed to use stain removers at all.

I do a strip wash the recommended way for bumGenius and it does the trick: A 60 degree wash with a tablespoon of Fairy washing up liquid and 2 tablespoons of Ecover bleach, then 2 hot washes with nothing, followed by more rinses to get excess soap out.

I usually wash every other day as the nappies get pongy if I leave them any longer. I do one cold wash with detergent, then one 40 degree wash with detergent, and an extra rinse. That seems to do the trick!

I use Bio-D laundry liquid which is available from Oxfam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->