Stripping - when can I stop rinsing?!

Lu28

Aisling's mammy
Reaction score
So I started my strip wash last night on basically all but 5 of my nappies and I'm still doing rinse cycles :wacko: On this last cycle, there's a tiny amount of bubbles on the surface of the water, just where the water touches the washing machine door and nowhere else so hardly any - am I done rinsing? The poor child is going to go to bed with a tea towel and Flip cover at this rate! :haha:

NEVER!! LOL

i'd say you are probably done now..... if you take one of the napies out when the rinse is finished and put it in a bucket of water/sink of water n give it a squeeze/shake and you get no more bubbles then you're done :)

Stripping is getting the detergent build up out of the nappies and requires washing forever!

Thanks sara, it's spinning now so I'll give that a go :D

id say youre done, youre never gna get absolutely no bubbles because of the agitation of the water inside the machine, theres always gna be a tiny few, i think its basically when theres hardly any left :)

x

Oh dear should I be doing this? I always get lots of bubbles in my machine but thought it was the powder x

It's fine that you get bubbles when the nappies are being washed, but ideally when you rinse there should be no bubbles left coming out of them towards the end. If there are still bubbles coming out it means that not all the detergent is rinsed out yet. That can build up in the nappies and make them less absorbant. When that happens you do a strip wash to get rid of it. I only do a strip wash every month or so, maybe less, just whenever they don't seem as absorbant or if they start to smell a bit funny.

They're finally done! Just as well, we were down to one staydry Flip insert and no sposies in the house! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->