Stripping!

Mervs Mum

Doula & Mum of 3!
Reaction score
How often do you strip ??

(dont go there Jac please.....)

Ive done it once in the last 11 weeks of using fluff - when the inserts were starting to smell funny once Noah had wet them

Ive done it 3 times in the 10 months weve been using fluff :)

Thanks girls :) you find it makes a difference? How do you do it? (again....shut it Jac.... :rofl: )

full dose of detergent - hot wash and keep rinsing. :thumbup:

i've done it twice in 7 months of fluff.

when you say 'detergent' do you mean like biological washing powder?

Same as Littlestar, and detergent is jsut whatever you normally use to wash your nappies with :)

^^wss

whatever do do your normal nappy wash with

Thanks girls :) you find it makes a difference? How do you do it? (again....shut it Jac.... :rofl: )
Oh gosh yes! Makes a hell of a difference....get nowt if you dont strip:winkwink:

I start by having a few vodka's for dutch courage...:muaha:

you friggin loon :rofl:

I use soap nuts....they dont get mega 'sudsy' so would you add some powder in that case....

(no jokes about soapy nuts please woman)

Sorry to crash a useful thread with yet ANOTHER question, but what is stripping? Is this something I'll need to do once all my nappies arrive? (PS. Hurry up postie!!!! :hissy:)

If you use soapnuts, then you shouldnt need to strip wash as theres no detergent build up.

Sorry to crash a useful thread with yet ANOTHER question, but what is stripping? Is this something I'll need to do once all my nappies arrive? (PS. Hurry up postie!!!! :hissy:)

Stripping is to remove detergent buildup that can affect the absorbency of your nappies.
You wont need to do one right away but you will need to prewash.

I wish I'd read your reply AG before I started my first load of stripping.....:dohh:

It wont harm them to have it done once in a while anyway?

ok..another newbie hijacking... but what are soapnuts, and are they better than fairy powder? :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->