Struggling to narrow it down

malia

Trying for #2
Reaction score
We are only just coming up for 11 weeks, but I am obsessed with names! My list started off with about 30 girls and 30 boys names, and it's been gradually narrowed down. Now, I feel like I like all of the ones on the list equally, and both me and OH are struggling to identify any favourites.

Which do you like best from each list?

Do you have any other suggests along similar lines?

OH has vetoed Henry, Brody, Ivy, Edith, Arlo, Eden and a few others I can't even remember. I like short names generally.

Thank you :flower:

Thea
Freya
Ella
Nora
Eve or Eva
Cora
Quinn

Theo
Oscar
Oliver
Eli
Max
Archer

From your list I love Ella, Nora and Cora for girls, from your boys list; max and Oliver. X

We are only just coming up for 11 weeks, but I am obsessed with names! My list started off with about 30 girls and 30 boys names, and it's been gradually narrowed down. Now, I feel like I like all of the ones on the list equally, and both me and OH are struggling to identify any favourites.

Which do you like best from each list?

Do you have any other suggests along similar lines?

OH has vetoed Henry, Brody, Ivy, Edith, Arlo, Eden and a few others I can't even remember. I like short names generally.

Thank you :flower:

Thea
Freya
Ella
Nora
Eve or Eva
Cora
Quinn

Theo
Oscar
Oliver
Eli
Max
Archer

Ive put in bold my favourites :) xx

Nora and Archer are front runners for us when we have our next baby.

I love Thea. For boys I like Theo, Oscar, and Oliver.

Thanks ladies. It's so hard, I love them all.
I think I might take Eve off the list. The fact that nobody has mentioned that one has made me realise I don't quite love it as much as I do the others.

Cora and Eli are my favourites, my ds middle name is Eli so may be biased. I do like all those names though so can understand why you're finding it difficult to chose x

We have a Freya & will be having an Archer next, so those are my faves from your lists :flower:

Thank you!
There doesn't seem to be any clear winners. Maybe it'll be a case of having to wait and see him/her.

You might also find that nearer your due date you'll look at the names and think "what the heck.." - I did that with names both with dd and with this pregnancy. We wrote down a list of names and when I looked back over them around 7 months I was able to strike off a few that I'd completely changed my mind on! X

Thea for a girl I love but OH has said no no and no, I like Nora as well but that is one of our snakes names.

For a boy I love Theo again this is a big no for us and I like Eli :flower:

I LOVE the name Freya! It's not on our list because we have a friend called Freya and it seems strange to call a baby by the same name as a friend unless your close enough to actually call the baby AFTER your friend, if you know what I mean?

I also really like Thea, Cora and Quinn from your girl list.

The Eve, Evie, Eva, Ava names are so popular now that I'm not really keen anymore, and I just can't bring myself to like Nora since our primary school nurse that checked all the kids for head lice was called Nora "Nora the Nit Nurse" - it's funny what puts you off names, because Nora is actually a very pretty sounding name.

I think your boy list is wonderful. I like them all, but Max is probably my least favourite, though I don't know why.

We have a list of 4 girls names, but only one boys name that we agree on. I'm worried that if we have a boy and he doesn't suit that name we'll be scuppered. It's good to have a few up your sleeve for when baby arrives, just in case!

I LOVE the name Freya! It's not on our list because we have a friend called Freya and it seems strange to call a baby by the same name as a friend unless your close enough to actually call the baby AFTER your friend, if you know what I mean?

I also really like Thea, Cora and Quinn from your girl list.

The Eve, Evie, Eva, Ava names are so popular now that I'm not really keen anymore, and I just can't bring myself to like Nora since our primary school nurse that checked all the kids for head lice was called Nora "Nora the Nit Nurse" - it's funny what puts you off names, because Nora is actually a very pretty sounding name.

I think your boy list is wonderful. I like them all, but Max is probably my least favourite, though I don't know why.

We have a list of 4 girls names, but only one boys name that we agree on. I'm worried that if we have a boy and he doesn't suit that name we'll be scuppered. It's good to have a few up your sleeve for when baby arrives, just in case!

Haha, I have the same issue with the name Erin! I love it, but have a close friend with the name.

I know what you mean about the Eve names being really popular.

My OH has actually decided he also wants to cull Max from the list! I love it, but he's not keen anymore.

Nora for girl, Eli for boy

I also like Quinn for a boy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"