• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Struggling with boys name.... Please help?

Charliefarley

Reaction score
So.... DH and I have a ton of girls names that we love but very very few boys names. Most of them I just think are ok.

The names we have in the short list are:

Gabriel (Gabe) - I'm trying to win hubby round on this!
William - both like but not love love love
Albie - again both like but not love
Quinn - we both like this but are worried about it sounding to feminine.

We have a little girl called Edie (formal name edeline) and and Irish surname beginning with R.

What are your thoughts ladies. Complete honesty welcome x

Love Quinn. Especially with an Irish last name.
It is totally unisex at this point so I wouldn't worry about the fact that it is used for girls now as well.

Quinn gets my vote too, love it! Think it goes well with Edie and an Irish surname. I always hear it as a boys name. :flower:

I like Quinn best from the list - here in the US I think it's used mostly only for girls. But if it's common as well for boys in the UK than I vote for Quinn. I actually prefer it for a boy!

I like Gabriel, but not the nn "Gabe" - so I would only use it as a middle name personally so it wont be shortened. Quinn Gabriel sounds lovely!! :thumbup:

I like the name William with the nn "Liam" and think that would go nicely with an irish last name!

I adore the name Gabriel, I've always wanted it myself but our surname also begins with G and I don't really like the idea of the same letter starting both names so reluctantly decided against. But absolutely love it, it's my favourite by far on your list. I think it's a strong, more unique name.

Quinn is a unisex name but I know what you mean, I think I wouldn't be sure given it seems to be rising in popularity especially for girls. I'm not a big fan of Albie, just sounds like it wouldn't grow too well with the child. William is nice but that's about it for me.

I dunno I'm Irish myself and Quinn is a surname to me so it just wouldn't sound right.
William is nice.
Have you thought about any Irish boys names?

I love all of your names :). I prefer Quinn as a boys name rather than girls (but I think that's just because the only Quinn's I met were male until recently so I see it as a male name). My favourite is Albie, closely followed by Gabriel.

From you list i love Quinn and Albie :)

I think they both go lovely with Edie. Not so sure that William would work so well and as someone else said i like Gabriel but not the nn Gabe xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->