stupid Q- what is natural parenting?

gemm

Mum of 3 Boys :)
Reaction score
Sorry I don't mean this in an offensive way - I've just been browsing the whole site and I've never heard this term before...

I'm guessing ecological and green friendly as the cloth nappies and reusable cloth wipes,....

Is there more too it? XxX :thumbup:

Yeah thats part of it hun also breast feeding, baby led weaning, attachment parenting, co-sleeping etc etc. Although not everyone of us necessarily does all of those things :)

Yeah thats part of it hun also breast feeding, baby led weaning, attachment parenting, co-sleeping etc etc. Although not everyone of us necessarily does all of those things :)

Thanks so much for your response, what is baby led weaning and attachment parenting? :) x

google is your friend there hun ;)

but quickly:

baby led weaning: https://www.babycentre.co.uk/baby/startingsolids/babyledweaning/

attachment parenting:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attachment_parenting
I cant fully explain either atm just in middle of feeding my 8 week old :)

google is your friend there hun ;)

but quickly:

baby led weaning: https://www.babycentre.co.uk/baby/startingsolids/babyledweaning/

attachment parenting:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attachment_parenting
I cant fully explain either atm just in middle of feeding my 8 week old :)

thanks so much!!! :flower: I'll get reading!! :D

I would say 'natural' in the traditionalist sense of the word :)

Natural parenting is a really broad term :) It covers a lot of ideas, which Lliena has mentioned. Thing is, you don't have to do everything which falls under the NP umbrella to post in here :)

I consider that it's mainly about having a baby-led parenting style, and that applies whatever way you feed, wean, what nappies you use, etc etc :)

I think you would best get an idea of what natural parenting is by thinking how a parent in a very isolated place would do when starting out with a new baby.

ie, no bottles, no beds, no prams, no nappies etc. What would you do?

Hence breast feeding, sleeping baby beside you, using cloth nappies or no nappies , carrying your baby with you strapped in cloth, next to your body, eating what you eat when the time comes etc. Think about women in under developed countries - they all use natural parenting methods - basically what would come naturally to you, if you have very limited resources.

That's how I see it anyway!

I usually tend to think like was stated above! Inknow there are more technical terms to describe it but I always feel as if it is what feels most natural to me. However to some that might not work as what feels natural to them is only what they have been taught! I have always been called a hippy anyway so in guess it suits! Haha

I think you would best get an idea of what natural parenting is by thinking how a parent in a very isolated place would do when starting out with a new baby.

Hence breast feeding, sleeping baby beside you, using cloth nappies or no nappies , carrying your baby with you strapped in cloth, next to your body, eating what you eat when the time comes etc. Think about women in under developed countries - they all use natural parenting methods - basically what would come naturally to you, if you have very limited resources.

well said littlepants!

I don't BF, but i do feel im still being a natural parent, i still do pretty much the rest of it, just not BF.

This is how I see it, I think people are too materilistic and its nice to think I as one person can give my baby everything its needs with limited waste. But it is also very nice to know that we live in a world where things are out there to support us when we need it if our first choices dont work out:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->