Stupid qyestion alert!!!

lynnikins

Reaction score
ok got a stupid question, got a new cheapie and need to wash it before use to take out the manufacturing chems , can i just chuck it in the next lot of nappys i wash or should i presoak it ( cold ) before that or just wash it completely seperately

oh and i think i need to do a stripwash on my prefolds, so whats the best method?

I need to know too!
i am getting a whole bunch coming up
and I have NO CLUE what to do!

When I got mine, I soaked them in cold overnight, and then just chucked them in with the rest of the nappies! The absorbancy was good afterwards, but no idea if its the right thing to do, but seemed to work for us!

:) I will try that!
Most of my cloth that is coming is ebay cheapies.
But its was a good way to start my stash:)
I dont really know how to wash
my mom use to hand wash my cloth nappies
So she is no help at all.

Ive asked this before & most ppl recommend soaking them in cold water overnight: if u soak them in the bath, n just give em a swirl round everytime u/any1 goes the loo, it reminds u 2 swish em 2 make sure theyre getting soaked properly! n then wash them. apparantly its the soaking that boosts the absorbancy, so they dont actually need to dry between prewashes!

Washings easy, get a bin that traps the smell, chuck them in when you have a load with a small amount of washing powder, no softener, and wash on 60 (or for IC I do mine on 40) if there's a lot of poop I do a prewash and a rinse (this is also how you do a strip wash apart from you miss the washing powder, it's to try and get any excess washing powder out) then hang them out to dry or on radiators in winter, don't tumble unless you really have to!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->