subchorionic hemotoma

pirate1974

Reaction score
Hi, i'm 7.5 weeks and was just diagnosed with a subchorionic hematoma (not sure if I spelled that correctly). As you can imagine I"m totally freaking out as my doc explained it, it's makes the yolk sac pull away from the uterine wall. I'm worried it will effect the placenta strength of its attachment to the uterus. anyone can offer a more first hand experience with this with a successful pregnancy. This wasn't an issue with my first.

I was diagnosed with one at 9+5. They told me not to worry it will probably be reabsorbed and I may bleed a little. Had another scan today after a couple days spotting this week, I'm 11+1 today and the bleed has completely gone. Mine was only 1.8 x 1.4cm though so not a very large bleed.

Hi, i'm 7.5 weeks and was just diagnosed with a subchorionic hematoma (not sure if I spelled that correctly). As you can imagine I"m totally freaking out as my doc explained it, it's makes the yolk sac pull away from the uterine wall. I'm worried it will effect the placenta strength of its attachment to the uterus. anyone can offer a more first hand experience with this with a successful pregnancy. This wasn't an issue with my first.

Are they going to give you a few extra scans to track things for you?

I started bleeding somewhat heavily today.
I don't have an appointment yet because my health insurance starts July 1.

I am 4w1d pregnant and worried..

No cramping or anything like that.

I just want to cry...

I was just told I have one as well. went to dr on Monday for spotting and they said I have a 1cm SCH. dr said its tiny and its nothing to worry about...but that's a joke. I worry about everything. just trying to take it extra easy. im 6 weeks 5 days.

Have you had any bleeding? I had one, got diagnosed after a big bleed at 13 weeks. My clot was 7cm by 4cm I think.

Sometimes they can cause bleeding, sometimes not. Some doctors advise resting and pelvic rest and no heavy lifting.

I personally believe resting up with active bleeding and no heavy lifting were key factors in my recovery. I believe this because after the first gushing bleed, I carried on as normal and lifted my 2 year old daughter, and I had another big bleed again. Also, the day of my first big bleed I had carried my daughter to school on a walk as she wouldn't walk. That night I had a big bleed. I don't believe it was coincidence twice.

There are far more positive outcomes than negative with them :hugs:

After a heavy 7 week bleed my sch resolved around the 20 week mark (quite common time to resolve apparently) and I went overdue nearly two weeks and had a very healthy baby boy.

right now I feel like it's getting lighter. Not sure though because I've been laying on the couch for almost 5 hours..

right now I feel like it's getting lighter. Not sure though because I've been laying on the couch for almost 5 hours..

:hugs: hope the bleed stops for you. It is such a worry isn't it? Sounds like your resting up is helping. Stay hydrated and they watch some mindless TV to take your mind off it. You need to relax your body as much as you can.

Thanks everyone! No bleeding, just saw it on a scan. Says its tiny. I too have an 18 month old boy so theres not a moments rest. I'm pretty active but wont do any heavy lifting from now on. I'm being extra monitored yes, so I'm going back in 2.5 weeks (it's only longer bc of the US holiday) I'm just so stressed as it took us so long to get pregnant!

Thanks everyone! No bleeding, just saw it on a scan. Says its tiny. I too have an 18 month old boy so theres not a moments rest. I'm pretty active but wont do any heavy lifting from now on. I'm being extra monitored yes, so I'm going back in 2.5 weeks (it's only longer bc of the US holiday) I'm just so stressed as it took us so long to get pregnant!

That's a great sign you aren't bleeding.

It is hard to rest with a toddler, I know. You have my sympathy there. If you can just avoid lifting him as much as you can, then that's a help.

The fact they said its tiny is a brilliant sign too. The bigger, the more risk really.
You'll probably go for your next scan and find its healed up. :flower:

:hugs: hope the bleed stops for you. It is such a worry isn't it? Sounds like your resting up is helping. Stay hydrated and they watch some mindless TV to take your mind off it. You need to relax your body as much as you can.

it is super scary. I think as long as I don't have any cramps or backacke I'll be fine. I'll try to think positive and I am definitely going to watch some trash TV ;)

Thanks for your optimism yo yo! Is it something that can heal up or is the placenta always in danger of detaching because it was there when the placenta originally implanted? My husband couldn't make this appt. so I was so stunned by this news that I didn't ask a lot of questions.

Thanks for your optimism yo yo! Is it something that can heal up or is the placenta always in danger of detaching because it was there when the placenta originally implanted? My husband couldn't make this appt. so I was so stunned by this news that I didn't ask a lot of questions.

They can be reabsorbed by the body, or they can bleed out. Sometimes they bleed out and you eventually get brown blood which means it's coming to an end and healing.

Is yours located near your placenta? Yes, they can cause issues if they are near it. However the placenta is pretty tough, even ladies who have had them by the placenta have gone on to be ok. (I did so much reading on this, and there's a great group on here somewhere)

Did you get a scan photo? If you did, it's likely to show up as a black area somewhere around the edge.

Link to the bnb group for people who have had sch

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/pregnancy-groups/142576-sch-group-subchorionic-hematoma.html

I'm a poster on there way back too. I remember it well. It helped me x

i also went for scan last thursday and was informed i have a small hematoma but it only showed up on internal scan not the tummy scan, my doc has prescribed me a month of prgesterone and have to go back next thurs for another scan, i did visit the hospital doc aswell as my private and he says as its not showing up on external ultrasound its not too big, also gotta take things easy no heavy lifting which is difficult with 15 month old... but yea im cacking it also xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->