Successful consultant appointment today!! VBA2C agreed :-)

Kay0102

Reaction score
Feeling super happy after todays appointment.
I've had 2 emergency c sections (2nd baby was failed VBAC - vaginal birth after cesarean) and have been given the green light to try again!
I didn't even have to put up a fight and she openly admitted there is no hard evidence to suggest the success/risk rate changes for a 2nd than after 1. Then went on to say a lady had unintentionally delivered normally after 3 sections just last week due to 38 week very fast labour.
They will allow me to go the whole 12 days over as well but the only thing they won't do is induce so I'll have a c section booked for 40+12. So the race is on, I'll be cutting it fine as the boys were 40+12 and 40+9 xx

Hooray! So glad they're going to let you try for a VBAC!

I'm so happy for you! Nothing is as amazing as a vaginal delivery! I hope it goes smoothly for you this time!

That's so great to hear!!

Do you mind me asking why your other 2 births ended in c-sections? I've also had two previous c-sections (EMCS's) and where I live it's also pretty much a blanket "NO!" on trying a VBA2C. At my first ever mw appointment I told them I wanted to talk to the consultant early on about trying to go for a VBAC... but she warned me I might need to try several different hospitals before I found someone willing to "take a chance."

I've also been trying to find some supporting research to present my case whenever I get a chance to talk to the doctors, but just wondering what your previous situations were and if there was anything in particular you think 'helped' you argue your case?

Congrats, here's hoping it goes all well for you this time.

I'm waiting to see if I can try for a VBAC, won't know for another 4 weeks.

Awesome news! I hope it goes really smoothly for you :)

That's so great to hear!!

Do you mind me asking why your other 2 births ended in c-sections? I've also had two previous c-sections (EMCS's) and where I live it's also pretty much a blanket "NO!" on trying a VBA2C. At my first ever mw appointment I told them I wanted to talk to the consultant early on about trying to go for a VBAC... but she warned me I might need to try several different hospitals before I found someone willing to "take a chance."

I've also been trying to find some supporting research to present my case whenever I get a chance to talk to the doctors, but just wondering what your previous situations were and if there was anything in particular you think 'helped' you argue your case?

Thanks so much everyone xx

Itsychik I have found doctors opinions vary greatly, my friend is 20min down the motorway and has been told she doesn't have a chance. I think sometimes it depends on the circumstances as I class both mine as just being unlucky

EMCS 1 - Was failure to progress with a stressed back to back baby but when they let me sit up in the area from being monitored in the room I went to 10cm! But section went ahead due to baby's heartrate (which had only started dipping when the put me on the drip to speed things up!)

EMCS 2 - This was due to cord prolapse and meconium in waters. They tried to move cord off baby's head but the couldn't.

I was all prepared to argue my case but didn't need to, it was her providing the reasons why she doesn't have a problem with me trying again. She said there is no definite research that shows the risks/success rates different after 1 cesarean than 2. She did say that this would be my last chance to try though and that there will be no form of induction medicines used. Hope this helps x

My MW gave me a choice, VBAC or c-sect. I wasn't sure with twins what the standard was. We decided to give a VBAC a try if both were head down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->