Successful VBAC birth story- ish :S

babyconnolly

Reaction score
Well, i didn't think i'd get to 40 weeks before baby Matilda was born, and went into hospital on 16th June as i was having mild contractions for a few days before hand. Was checked over and was found to only be 1cm dilated (that sucked!) but within 2 hours i was fully dilated and ready to push her out into the world. Survived on gas and air all the way through and then she appeared at 8.46pm weighing in at 8lb10 at 38weeks and 5 days old! This was the successful bit...

The next thing i knew, there was about 15 different doctors and midwives in the room and there was a code red over the tannoy machine. My uterus wasn't contracting properly and i had quite severe tears so after some rather painful manual contracting and an hour and a half of stitching up, i'd finally stopped bleeding. I then found out later i'd lost 2300ml of blood and needed a transfusion. This was okay at first until i had a reaction to it and had a temperature of 39degrees and was sweating buckets. So they stopped it and my blood count was only 7.4. Had to stay in until today (19th June) until my levels were over 8 and was finally let home today with a blood count of 8.1.

So even though i got the natural birth i wanted, i had a few complications which were life threatening, but wouldn't change it for the world as i now feel like a complete woman.

Even though my birth was scary, please don't let it put you off as it's the most amazing feeling to give birth naturally and to say i've done it!

Well done! Congratulations on the birth of Matilda :flower: Glad that you're back home now x

I'm considering a vbac so it's interesting to read these vbac birth stories.

Congrats, i love your choice of name, i also love to read VBAC stories, I bet your glad your finally home :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->