Suckling or dummying??

pipsbabybean

Reaction score
Any of u lovely ladies no about this
My lil monkey is 8 days old and the last two days has started using the breast for falling asleep, I really don't want this to become an obsession in the near future
Anyone come across it with their lo's?
What would you do
Will it phase out?
Struggling to put her down , without her waking for a boobie snuggle :(

Is this happening at the end of a feed or on the same breast you fed on last? Is baby making gentle flicking movements with his tongue?

Your milk gets thicker as a feed goes on, it's normal for babies sucking to become less frequent but they stay attached. He is not using you as as dummy, he is still feeding. Let him stay on as long as he wants, he'll come off when he's done. He's getting all the lovely fatty nutritious milk :)

Not at the end of a feed no
When she as fed n fallen asleep for a fair time then wakes
Gets frustrated near the boob
She's good at latching its not a problem
And she comes off alone I never take her off
It's a comfort thing

babies suckle for nutrition and comfort, we are made for this purpose! dummies/pacifiers are made to simulate the nipple and give comfort.
Your baby is very young and won't be getting into bad habits for sometime, baby needs comfort so let her suckle when she wants.
Growth spurts will also happen when baby will feed a lot, and I mean a lot so let baby lead the way and put her to the breast whenever she needs.
Get a sling so you can move about.

At 8 days I would expect the baby to be at the breast constantly.
Your supply has not yet been built up or regulated. Baby is putting in their order for future milk production.
I wouldn't remove or offer a dummy at all or at least for the first 6-8 weeks.
Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->