• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sudden growth

Kerrie-x

Reaction score
Hi Ladies

I am scanned every 2 weeks. I have gestational diabetes but very well controlled with insulin. Babys' tummy has always been on the top centile however my scan on Tuesday, she was over the top line with her tummy, head and femur (head and femur were 50th centile all scans prior)

Her EFW is 5lb 6 @ 32+2 . I have had a TORCH test, diabetes review etc and I have another scan on Tuesday @ 33+2. My consultant said if she is bigger or doesn't come back down on the charts, then they will deliver her on Wednesday. Does this seem the normal thing to do? I'm just panicked and worried. I'm having steroids for her lungs on Sunday/Monday

they are meant to leave it at least 2 weeks between scans, a week isn't enough time to let the baby grow. that's what I was told yesterday at an emergency scan, I had a growth scan a week and 5 days before that.

I'm not sure. The consultant is the top in the hospital so I assume she knows what she is doing. They suspect a problem so I suppose leaving it 2 weeks is too long 'just incase' x

baby is quite big for 2 weeks, so it might be they think baby is growing too quickly as a result of your GD, even the most careful people with it can end up with problems. Hoping everything turns out ok.

Yikes I don't know but I'd be awfully worried about delivering a baby that early based on their guess of size, it's really just a guess and they can be off by 2 lbs which is a lot when you're talking about a baby...unless the baby was having other issues, I'd probably refuse until atleast 35 weeks...just my personal opinion though.

I'd push to know more information than just size. Are there placenta or cord issues? 32 weeks is very early unless your or her health are in immediate danger.

Hi just a quick update
scan at 33+3 showed she had grown more but on the same line - fluid levels have reduced. I think they were more concerned about the increase in fluid also. I'm being scanned weekly now. Next scan is on Tuesday, 34+3. I have also had steroids for her lungs, just incase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->