Sudden onset dizziness? What IS this? Anyone that can help please?

K

katiemae7031

This all started about 2 weeks ago out of the blue. And 99% of the time this happens when I am standing up. Like when I'm standing in the kitchen cooking dinner, or when I'm standing in the checkout lane at the grocery store, etc. it's not like I'm doing anything "active" or strenuous in nature. It just happens. I'll be standing there and suddenly the room will "shift." Everything around me just moves for a few seconds. That's the best way I can describe it. This happens on average twice per day! Sometimes more! I am 24 years old and healthy. Any insight on this please?

Do you have an sinus problems I get dizzy spell and my doctor said its caused by my sinuses so often with the dizziness I will get like a heavy feeling in my head an my cheekbones will hurt. Do you get any of this?

I get that too sometimes. In my case it's a drop in blood pressure. I was getting it mostly when I was pregnant, mostly in the first trimester. I have always had fairly low blood pressure.

For me, it happens when I am standing still and the best way to deal with it is to start moving again. Even if it's just walking in place.

I hope you feel better soon.

No I'm not having any sinus issues at all. I feel pretty normal actually. Like I said, this only started happening a couple weeks ago. But it is very similar to how Marie000 describes. Now that you mention it, it DOES always seem to happen when I'm standing still! What are some things that can cause low blood pressure all of a sudden? I've never had this issue before so I don't even know where to start....

Could be totally benign things like blood pressure, vestibular neuritis (did you have a cold 2-3 weeks prior to onset?), or more serious, like MS, a tumor,... . Of course, the less serious issues tend to be much more likely. Nevertheless, you should go see a doc asap. Vertigo (if the room is shifting) is not normal!

No I haven't been sick recently. I talked to my boss yesterday about signing up for health insurance. I'm gonna start the paperwork on it Monday I think because these spells still haven't stopped. I'm kinda worried now though because I can't seem to think of anything that could have brought any of this on :(

That's excellent news about the insurance:thumbup: For now, don't worry too much - it could be a ton of different things, and as I said, benign ones are usually much more likely. But I'd want to get it checked out.

I get this, if it's what i think. Low blood sugar(similar symptoms to low blood pressure), i used to think it was dehydration or because i was hungry, but years later i noticed it even happens if i've drunk or eaten recently. It comes over so quickly sometimes it gets so bad i feel faint, but then if i eat something like a cake/chocolate or sugary drink i feel better quickly.

it can be a blocked inner ear tube boil the kettele and put some olbas oil/menthol oil in and inhale with a towel over your head keep repeating and it should unblock the tube. i have it quite a lot

it can be a blocked inner ear tube boil the kettele and put some olbas oil/menthol oil in and inhale with a towel over your head keep repeating and it should unblock the tube. i have it quite a lot

Can you feel it if its blocked?

I suffer with what you have got Sophxx it is not fun! :( xx

If it is blood pressure dropping my friend had that and was told to add more salt into his diet and it really helped with the dizzy spells.

Could be an inner ear problem! I was getting this too I didn't have any other symptoms, just the vertigo (room spinning), went to docs and was told I had a bubble in one of the fluid filled tubes in my inner ear was given medication and it cleared up!! Could also be low blood sugar level or low blood pressure!

I get this too, i also get bad tinnitus :/ sorry im not much help though :/ x

This sounds like a chronic condition I've had over the past ten years or so. If it's the same thing, it's called benign positional vertigo. It's a chronic condition and the best treatment for it is fairly uncomfortable physiotherapy.

I've been to various doctors about it and they all said to just ignore it as best you can because even the physio isn't really going to prevent it coming back.

It should go away in another week or two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->