Suddenly a back sleeper?

Marumi

36, DS 7 and 2
Reaction score
This happened to me last pregnancy too. Something about pregnancy makes me magically turn on my back every night, even though I dislike sleeping on my back. Even more so when pregnant. Before pregnancy I would never roll onto my back either so this is very weird.
Is anyone having the same thing? And what about the no back sleeping advice? I read to stop after 20 weeks.
If that is true I need some good tricks. Placing a tennis ball and towels did not work last time. Plus I also share my bed with our toddler.

This has been happening to me since first trimester. No matter what I try, I end up on my back. If I wake up, I roll back on my side but still wake up on my back in the end. I don't know about that advice. I've heard it but surely our bodies know what they are doing to keep baby well and safe. If you find a solution, I'll definitely be open but until then, baby is healthy and doing well so I'm not worried. Our 3 year old still gets in bed with us too so no room for many pillows surrounding me or anything either. Good luck! :)

I've had the same happen, I figure my body knows what's best, so I just change back when I wake up. I am also getting horrendous hip pain, I wonder if that's why I find myself on my back, as that eases it temporarily. I'm 22 weeks now, and try not to worry too much, babber never stops wriggling, so it's clearly ok!

Having the same issue! I did last time as well and I never was able to stop. I rolled no matter what I tried.

Yep happening here too! I am normally a tummy sleeper so have no idea what is going on! Just seem incapable of sleeping on my side!

It would be difficult when bed sharing, but I stack a ton of pillows under me when I find myself waking up on my back. That way, I'm sleeping reclined instead of flat on my back. Another trick I've used through my pregnancies is to sleep tummy-down-ish on two pillows in an upside-down V shape. I then lift one knee to take all pressure off of my belly. If I feel any pressure on my belly, I put another pillow under my pelvis to create a triangle shape. This way, in order to move around, I have to wake up a little bit. I switch sides a couple of times throughout the night, but I can't end up on my back without waking up.

When I have my baby in my bed, I just stick one pillow behind my back a little so that if I roll onto my back, it's propping me up a little and taking the pressure off my artery. However, it's on the side opposite of my baby, so I don't have to worry about her.

I am usually a side sleeper, but I am waking every morning on my back. I am not overly concerned by it.

Yes it has happened to me. I never sleep on my back, I always sleep on my side but since I have been pregnant, I only want to sleep on my back! I will let myself for a few minutes but then turn on my side.

I go to sleep on my side, but wake up on my back every morning without fail. I mentioned it to my doctor and she wasn't at all concerned. She basically said that if being on my back was causing me any discomfort or problems, I would soon move myself onto my side even in my sleep. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

I'm the same but I find it more comfy sleeping on my back. I don't sleep too well, always waking up every two hours or so and the only way to get me back to sleep is to lie on my back. I also share a bed with a 3 year old and am constantly inadvertently being kicked, slapped, dribbled on etc. Joy of joys hehe!!

I keep going to sleep on my side but waking up on my back too! I'm not too worried about it and it hasn't caused any issues up to now :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->