Suddenly very picky : (

Shri

Reaction score
Oscar is nearly 11 months and in the past few weeks he's got increasingly fussy and picky with foods throwing down and refusing things he even used to love. He'd live on those organic carrot stick that look like giant wotsits if he good. From day one I've offered him a wide range of foods and stuck to mostly wholefoods fruit and veg but lately he's been a nightmare trying to insist on sweet stuff and biscuity finger foods when he used to love bits of veg etc. I'm not sure how to proceed. I've been just clearing up the meal if he won't eat it rather than cave in and give him what he wants (scones or other rubbish) and I'm pretty sure he won't starve but it's very maddening and I don't want every meal to be a battle which it's fast becoming. To my dismay he also prefers the jar foods to my homemade stuff although I keep trying with the healthier stuff. We only had jars etc because we've been in transition home-wise. Any advice please?

No advice but my LO went through a similar thing at 10 months - it was just a phase and it stopped in a few weeks. I would carry on as you are - keep offering what you normally do and why not mix some of your homemade stuff with the jar stuff and see if he will take that then slowly add more and more of your food till its all homemade stuff. I would try and keep as calm as you can during mealtimes even though its the most frustrating thing in the world, they will pick up on it. Maybe offer the meal again after a little while and see if he's more receptive? Hope that helps!

No advice but my LO went through a similar thing at 10 months - it was just a phase and it stopped in a few weeks. I would carry on as you are - keep offering what you normally do and why not mix some of your homemade stuff with the jar stuff and see if he will take that then slowly add more and more of your food till its all homemade stuff. I would try and keep as calm as you can during mealtimes even though its the most frustrating thing in the world, they will pick up on it. Maybe offer the meal again after a little while and see if he's more receptive? Hope that helps!

Thanks this helps. I hope it is just a phase. I've started mixing the jars with homemade food too. It's a bit hitvor miss whether he will accept it but I guess I'll just keep going and try not to get too stressed by it. It drives me crazy when he takes food as if he is going to eat it but then immedietly chucks it down. Or spits things out.

Ah yes the spitting! We still have that - along with blowing raspberries when we have a mouthful of fruit puree! Hope this phase passes soon for you.

Hey lovely, hope your ok :hugs:

I do think its just a phase as Brooke is giving me the same trouble atm, her favourite is to take the food from the spoon, spit it out then eat it with her hands :sick: yummy lol

I wonder if its to do with their quest for control and independence. It's a mystery to me why if I put some grains of rice on Oscars tray he will just chuck them all on the floor one after the other but if he finds something icky like a bit of fluff on the floor, smaller than a grain of rice, he will immediately try to eat it!!!!

Oh yes Brooke throws everything everwhere ... she was supposed to have sweet and sour chicken for her dinner but ate 4 mouthfuls and had a tantrum so she's currently eating toast so i know she's at least getting something down her :hissy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->