Suggestions

Xpecta

Reaction score
My nearly 5 year old daughter has recently regressed and is having accidents everywhere. Is there anything that you have done to encourage your accident prone child to stop?

I'm considering pull ups again, I can't deal with all the pee everywhere.

I'm also considering some sort of point system.

I'm open to suggestions.

When i was potty training my daughter 6yrs at that time (2.5yrs) i made a chart and everytime she went potty she would put a sticker...once she finished for a week we would take her out to her pizza places etc etc

Yeah, I'm thinking that I will do something like that. This is just too much.

At this age, I'd want to rule out a medical problem.

Yeah? I've thought of that. I just don't know why she had her good times and her bad ones.

I'd be off to the doctors asap to rule out a UTI or other medical issue. Presumably she's been out of nappies for years, I would be wondering why she's having issues now. What does she say about it? Is anything worrying her- school, friendships, family issues?

I agree with the others, rule out anything medical before using a rewards system. Have there been any major changes/stressors in her life?

Agree with the others, you need to find the cause.... medical/emotional etc
My dd did this at age 5 ( now 7) and it boiled down to she wasnt happy about seeing her dad (long story)

Hmm... there hasn't been any major changes in the last year. But it could be something like that.

Before I got your suggestions I did try a reward system and she seems to be doing a lot better. She's been keeping herself dry.

But I think I'll make an appointment for her.

Lalaloopsie, I'm sorry to hear about your daughter :(

I just noticed that your pregnant, does she know? Could she be uncertain about having a new baby?

She's very very excited about it! She's been asking for a new baby for a little over a year now. Plus, she already has a little brother, so she knows what it's like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->