Summer Louise - 28/07/2009

PrincessSoph

Reaction score
(sorry didnt realise it was long :blush: )

I went into hospital Monday 27th July for my indcution after being monitored and examined ( i was already 1cm dilated somehow :shrug:) ended up having the pro pess (sp?) inserted at 10.35 am and monitored for an hour. everything with LO was fine and my uterus was already showing signs of tightenings.

I spent the next 4 hours walking around the hospital (as i was told this would help) then went to have another half hour monitoring) i was getting tightenings and back ache. the pains showed up on the monitor and they wanted to keep an eye on the pains so i was told to go walking and but if the pains got worse to come back.

I carried on walking around the hospital then around 8pm the tightenings where getting worse and i was finding it difficult walking - having to stop every couple of mins until it passed.

I went back on the monitor and even tho the pains were showing up every 2 mins they said they werent lasting long enough to be effective labour. :shrug:

Spent the rest of the night in agony with these pains - using a birthing ball to get through them. the night staff were rubbish and didnt check on me or put me on the monitor which i was supposed to do every 4 hours. finally managed to dose off around 3.30am but kept waking up constantly for the toilet feeling like i needed a poo but couldnt go. as i sat on the toilet it really hurt like a pressure feeling.

woke up tues morning still in pain and waiting for the doctor to find out the plans for the day. MW came at 10am and took out the pro pess. went to see my brother in the day room while i waited for the doctor who was running late - MW thought the plan would be for me to have a rest day and start again wednesday.

Sat in the day room at 12 o clock and had a feeling i needed a poo - got up and walked in the corridor felt a trickle then a gush. My waters had gone!! :happydance:

Walked back to my bed and the pain kicked - never felt anything like it lasting 3mins 40 each time. was using the birthing ball. MW came and examined me and said i was 4cm so needed to go to labour ward! I was in agony screaming for the epidural. couldnt even walk. wheeled over the labour ward took 10 mins to get there and strapped up to the monitor - was examined again as i was beggin for the epidural but i had gone to 8cm dilated so it was too late and had to cope with just gas and air. :( the rest of the labour was a bit of a blur cos i was so spaced out on the gas and air.

At 2.25pm Summer arrived weighing 6lb 11 and half oz, 2 hours 25mins after my waters broke! I had my MIL, best mate and babys dad at the birth and apparently i was very friendly when i was in labour - didnt even have a bad word to say to the ex after everything he put me through! :haha: heres my baby girl

Attachments

• SDC12329.jpg
    SDC12329.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 166
  • SDC12344.jpg
    SDC12344.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 104
Congratulations hun!!!!! She looks gorgeous!

Congratulations - you look very happy and she is gorgeous!

Congratulations hun, she is gorgeous xx

You look good after your labour and good on you for being so nice thru it....apparantly I was a right troll :rofl:

xx

Shes gorgeous, congratulations! :hugs:

congratulations, she is beautiful xxx

Congratulations hun, she is so gorgeous!!! Can't believe you did it all on gas and air - well done!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->