Summer meal ideas

Becky61

Mummy & TTC #2
Reaction score
I love salad, & during the summer months i tend to eat everything with salad... Chicken & salad, pasta & salad, jacket potatos with salad etc. But, my OH hates it! He would have me cooking meat, veg, potatos & gravey aaaaaall the time!

I really am running out of ideas. I dont want to stand in the kitchen for hours when its so warm outside. I dont have a slow cooker (must invest as i hear great things about them!) I dont like cooking with loads of ingredients as money is tight. I just want some ideas on light summer meals (OH has an insanely huge appetite though). Anyone? Thanks! <3

Grilled fish and vegetables? BBQ is super easy and salads go nicely on the side. BBQ'd meat and vege, sweetcorn is awesome on the bbq. Grilled/bbq'd kebabs/skewers with vege, cheese or meat. Halloumi, zucchini and tomato is awesome on a skewer and grilled, you could make meat ones at the same time.

I love salads too, maybe your OH would eat salads if they had a bit more substance? Greek salad with feta cheese and olives? Or salad with white beans/chickpeas? Pasta salad with pesto?

We're not salad people either so in the summer have a lot of grilled meat with new potatos or sweet potatos.

Last night we had grilled chicken with a peri peri rub, new potatoes and carrots :)

Steak, chicken breasts or fish fillet marinate, then add onions, garlic, herbs & cook in the oven, in another tray roast some veggies ;) serve your meat with his fav sauce & have you salad on the side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->