sunbeds in the tww

babymammy

Pregnant- 1st trimester
Reaction score
is it safe to use sunbeds in the tww, i normally go on 3x a week for 6mins!! i normally avoid them in my tww so just lookin for opinions. thanx in advance.

It's safe during those weeks, I think. The only "danger" is that you could get pigment spots. That's more common in your third trimester, and after six minutes, I don't think there's any real danger :) Don't take this as a fact, tou, it's just what I've heard :)

I'd avoid sunbeds at all costs no matter what!...way too dangerous!

eh, why Madasahatter? The only real issue is if your body temp rises too much, thats a danger, UV rays wouldnt affect an embryo as its INSIDE you, hell if UV rays were really bad for growing babies, all pregnant women would be in a dark room all summer instead of outdoors enjoying the sunshine!

Really! Whao,thanks for pointing that out....

What i meant was,sunbeds are dangerous whether you're male or female,pregnant or not pregnant,young or old.
I've treated so many people who've had skin cancer and its so not worth it.

:( cause people either go at it too much or dont wear any skin protection cause they think it will prevent a tan from appearing.. =/

•Ultraviolet radiation (UVR) is a proven human carcinogen, according to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
•People who use tanning beds are 2.5 times more likely to develop squamous cell carcinoma and 1.5 times more likely to develop basal cell carcinoma.
•Frequent tanners using new high-pressure sunlamps may receive as much as 12 times the annual UVA dose compared to the dose they receive from sun exposure.

This is a link about tanning in early pregnancy:
https://www.ivillage.com/pregnancy-are-tanning-beds-safe-during-pregnancy/6-n-145711

Hope this helps, it's hard to hear about people saying that tanning is not that bad for you, when all of the studies say that it is. Best of luck to you.

I used to own a tanning salon. I had to take courses and be licensed to do so. Tanning while pregnant will cause no harm to the baby. Your womb will never get hot enough to "boil" the baby. That is an old wives tale. However tanning is very bad for you if over done. 2-3 times a week is reccomended which would be comparable to being in the sun daily. Anything more then that is overkill. The sun and tanning beds can both cause skin cancer. Burning puts you more at risk for skin cancer so always take extra care not to burn. Tanning outdoors or indoors a few times a week is actually an antidepressant. Also, if your tanning indoors make sure you use sunscreen when outdoors. You will still get some tan and a tan aquired with sunscreen actually lasts longer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->