Superovulation without IUI - Has anyone heard of this?

Coastdreams

Reaction score
Hiya,

We were recommended to do Superovulation (Busserelin, Ouregon, Ovitrelle Trigger shot and Cyclogest Pessaries) without IUI. The consultant says that as our only problem (touch wood on that one!!) seems to be that i'm not ovulating we don't really need to do the IUI part.

I'm really struggling with this and don't know how much our chances are decreased by not doing the IUI, does anyone know anything about this or have any similar experiences?

Any advice would be welcome!

C
xx

I've never heard of this. Have you googled it?

Good luck! Hopefully some of the others know something about it.

Yes I have heard of it and discussed it with the doctor.

This gives you a 20-30% chance of conceiving each month. The cost is about 3k here.

We might consider doing it just as an option due to unexplained fertility and shorter tubes with me to increase the amount of eggs.

Thanks Brandy...

I know that it is basically the IUI treatment but without the artificial insemination part so i'm doing Busserelin and Puregon injections followed by an Ovitrelle trigger shot. We then get given BD dates and I have to use Cyclogest pessaries. I'm just worried that by not doing the insemination part we are decreasing our chances.

I have queried this with my consultant today as I had BFN from my first round today so need to make a decision about my next treatment.

Good luck to all!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"