Supplements!!! Vitex, soy, anything else??

I finished depo on 31/10/13 and read that i wouldn't get a period for months. So I had my withdrawal bleed a few days later and started vitex straight away. On 26th Nov I had my first proper AF without all the waiting around :) I'm doing daily OPKs at the mo as I'm on CD 12. I have also been taking raspberry leaf tea, drinking POM juice (to help thicken the lining), baby aspirin, a B vitamin complex and folic acid :) starting soy iso if I don't fall pg this month :)
Really pleased, as I know it's vitex that helped me get my AF x

I credit vitex 80% for fixing my cycle issues. My cycles were very long and my hormones were out of balance. I found out I was also progesterone deficient and estrogen dominant and so didn't opt for soy. Soy is an estrogen mimicker so you have to be careful not to take it if your issue is the same as mine. Most women who have delayed ovulation have less progesterone and more estrogen such as women with pcos.

I took vitex everyday and was told to continue it throughout the first trimester as it would ensure I kept producing balanced hormones to sustain the pregnancy. Vitex is an adrenal axis regulator. All the adrenal glands responsible for balancing your hormones-pituitary gland, hypothalamus, and adrenal cortex respond to vitex by regulating and performing at optimal levels. Some women still have so much outside estrogen exposure-food, soaps, make-up that progesterone deficiency is becoming more and more prevalent. I also used progesterone cream after ovulation was confirmed and that lengthened my luteal phase enough that eggs could finally implant and stick!

I also think the vitamin b complex I started using had a positive affect on my cycles and is worth mentioning. Good luck and baby dust!

Pandi-what brand of progesterone cream do you use and what vitamin b complex my lp is 10-11 days .... I ovulate later n a 29day cycle....I am trying to lengthen my LP and .... But can't seem to find the right b complex dosage doe b6&b12 ...... I will also look into vitex

Pandi-what brand of progesterone cream do you use and what vitamin b complex my lp is 10-11 days .... I ovulate later n a 29day cycle....I am trying to lengthen my LP and .... But can't seem to find the right b complex dosage doe b6&b12 ...... I will also look into vitex

Progest brand. Available on Amazon and free of parabens and other yucky unnatural fillers. It actually made my skin really soft! It didn't delay my period past 14 days either which is a concern for some women. The first cycle I didn't have two days of light spotting before AF like I usually did. Then over the course of 6 months I brought my luteal phase from 8-9 days to 13-14 days. I credit vitex and the cream for that.

Both my b-100 complex and vitex are from Nature's Way. They are pretty reputable and with herbal supplements that is a very good thing. Lots of shady companies selling grass clippings in capsules and lots of well know companies charging outrageous prices imo.

So how long were u using both before concieving .... And how much b12&b6 does ur ..
B complex have? Mine has 2mg of b6&30 mcg of b12....I have ran across so much conflicting information on weather I should take b 12 b6. Or b complex and how much. Its so confusing but I def wanna try vitex vitamin b......etc. what would u suggest. I have a 28/29 day cycle and lp is 10-11days I would like to bring it to 13-14. Possibly with earlier ovulation

So how long were u using both before concieving .... And how much b12&b6 does ur ..
B complex have? Mine has 2mg of b6&30 mcg of b12....I have ran across so much conflicting information on weather I should take b 12 b6. Or b complex and how much. Its so confusing but I def wanna try vitex vitamin b......etc. what would u suggest. I have a 28/29 day cycle and lp is 10-11days I would like to bring it to 13-14. Possibly with earlier ovulation

This is a great article- https://www.wholeliving.com/134086/benefits-b-vitamins

I came back to update my original post. I remember when during TTC how frustrated it was when I was researching information on this forum and found posts without updates that kept me wondering the end of the story or what happened next.
So here is my update:
I'm 31 weeks pregnant of a boy and so far I had zero complications. This has been a wonderful, healthy pregnancy (thanks GOD). I really believe that Soy Isoflavones helped me get pregnant fast but I'm not a doctor and this is just my personal opinion. Everyone should do their own research before taking any supplements.
For anyone reading this post I hope you get your BFP soon. Baby dust to you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->