Support Group: Mommies with Rxs

monets_garden

Mum to Lilly
Reaction score
I think it's important to have a group of women who can understand what I (we) face taking Rxs to stay physically and mentally healthy while keeping baby healthy at the same time.

It's a fine line that I have to walk, esp during the first trimester. How about you? Share your stories in a safe place.

My story:
I've had epilepsy since puberty, for which I take 2 Rxs. I also have a personality disorder which requires a tranquilizer Rx. I'm also on an anti depressant. I have been taking Rx prenatals since before I conceived, but most all my Rxs are class C. DD turned out fine, but there's always that chance...

Just hoping we can support each other :hugs:

I'm currently on antidepressants for anxiety. It's also class C. I'm on two right now and hoping to taper off one and stay on one. It's probably the most stressful part of this pregnancy especially this early on! xx

I tried a similar thread during my first trimester and not too many people posted to it. I have bipolar disorder and anxiety. I was on 2 medications that cannot be taken during pregnancy (well my dr won't allow it). i have tried others and am currently taking 3 medications (category B/C) on all them. I agree fully mental health during pregnancy is as important as physical health! Good luck and H&H 9 months!

I tried a similar thread during my first trimester and not too many people posted to it. I have bipolar disorder and anxiety. I was on 2 medications that cannot be taken during pregnancy (well my dr won't allow it). i have tried others and am currently taking 3 medications (category B/C) on all them. I agree fully mental health during pregnancy is as important as physical health! Good luck and H&H 9 months!

If you don't mind me asking, what medication are you on for anxiety??
:hugs:

Xanax 1 mg daily or prn. (never took it daily) but took it pretty regular. My psych will not prescribe it during pregnancy. I am taking Latuda (an antipsychotic) and Celexa and Trazadone. Both Celexa and Trazadone can treat anxiety. Mostly Trazadone is for my sleep though

Xanax 1 mg daily or prn. (never took it daily) but took it pretty regular. My psych will not prescribe it during pregnancy. I am taking Latuda (an antipsychotic) and Celexa and Trazadone. Both Celexa and Trazadone can treat anxiety. Mostly Trazadone is for my sleep though

I am on 10mg Celexa and 75ms effexor... celexa actually causes anxiety really bad, so I want to get off of it

i take celexa 20 mg. trazadone 50 mg I never noticed increase in anxiety. I guess effects differ per person. or maybe trazadone counters it, not sure!

I was on 200mg Sertraline and made to stop taking it as soon as I found out and I'm not finding it easy my anxiety and OCD have spiralled out of control even within these couple of weeks x

I was on 200mg Sertraline and made to stop taking it as soon as I found out and I'm not finding it easy my anxiety and OCD have spiralled out of control even within these couple of weeks x

:hugs: xx

I'm actually on Klonopin BID for anxiety, so I need to get weaned of that. That's the Rx I'm most worried about...

Hey! I'm on 10mg of Cipralex for anxiety, and also 1mg Ativan prn ... My ob and family dr both told me to keep taking it ... I think the benefits outweigh the risks ... I was off of the cipralex for about 3 months because my last dr told me to get off if I was ttc ... Well my anxiety was crazy and I even started feeling depressed ... I went to a therapist who got me a new dr ASAP and told me that the med I'm on is one they would typically prescribe a pregnant woman

Doctors sometimes don't know much about the meds they prescribe. I was told to discuss my meds with my obgyn, when I get an appt with her- which won't be until 8-9 weeks! Seriously, don't doctors know we need info now! So I was left to do research, and I know I can't go off the meds- sometimes we know what's better for ourselves!

I have diabetes, possibly PCOS for medical problems and bipolar, social anxiety, PTSD, seasonal affective disorder and severe depression for mental disorders. I'm only currently being treated medically for the diabetes which is 1000mgs of metformin 2 times a day. It is also a medication that is approved during pregnancy and is sometimes used to help women get pregnant in some cases. I use other methods to cope with the other things because the medications I have taken for such have either knocked me out cold, turned me into an unfeeling zombie or make me so overemotional that I cry if someone breathes in my direction. Unfortunately the only thing that works for me is illegal and not offered in the medical way where I live. I discovered that smoking marijuana helped with my depression, bipolar and anxiety when I was a teen and young adult and would never do this during pregnancy even if I could get it medically.

I can't remember all the medications I have taken but I was put on serequel and paxil. The serequel (25mgs before bed) knocked me out and I slept for 2 days straight so the dose was lowered to 10mgs and I slept for 18 hours. They had me on 2 others after that that I can't remember the names of that made me just sit and stare into space all day long. I was unfeeling and unmotivated to do anything. I was put on Paxil in my early 20's and I just cried all the time. I also was put on Welbutrin when I was pregnant with my son and they told me the risks were minimal and now there are kids out there with all kinds of problems and my son is special needs but we aren't sure if the Welbutrin caused it or not.

I have not had good luck with meds. Oh yeah, I have taken trazadone but 25mgs knocks me out for 12 - 15 hours. I'm super sensitive.

First day weaning off the Klonopin, and I can totally feel the difference in anxiety level. I feel like I can't sleep. And every little pain or movement in baby territory is making want to go to ER to make sure it's not tubal pg... :/ help!

First day weaning off the Klonopin, and I can totally feel the difference in anxiety level. I feel like I can't sleep. And every little pain or movement in baby territory is making want to go to ER to make sure it's not tubal pg... :/ help!

I don't know how coming off Klonopin feels and especially not when pregnant but my sister used to take that medication and coming off it can apparently be dangerous and have some serious side effects. My sister used to take that and was on a really high dose (like one of the highest prescribable, whatever that is) and wasn't told of the warnings and took herself off it cold turkey and nearly died.

This is a little off the Rx topic but earlier I had gas that wouldn't move and had built up somewhere around the top of my uterus so I think it was stuck and was causing such horrible pains that I was doubled over in the store. I wanted to die! I just kept walking and eventually it worked itself down and out but for a while there I thought I was going to explode.

I don't know how coming off Klonopin feels and especially not when pregnant but my sister used to take that medication and coming off it can apparently be dangerous and have some serious side effects. My sister used to take that and was on a really high dose (like one of the highest prescribable, whatever that is) and wasn't told of the warnings and took herself off it cold turkey and nearly died.

This is a little off the Rx topic but earlier I had gas that wouldn't move and had built up somewhere around the top of my uterus so I think it was stuck and was causing such horrible pains that I was doubled over in the store. I wanted to die! I just kept walking and eventually it worked itself down and out but for a while there I thought I was going to explode.

I had the same thing at work the other day Hun ... Trapped gas, I could literally feel it circulating around the intestines, and I was literally doubled over in tears ... It took about 10 mins but finally stopped ...

Just bumping this thread to see if there might be any others to join, and also to see how everyone is doing so far?

Hey ... I'm 8 weeks today and feeling it for sure ...

Went to the neurologist yesterday. He wants to wean me off yet another drug! I'm nervous b/c weaning off Klonopin can cause seizures. I have been seizure free for 5 months! But getting off Klonopin, and one of the 2 AEDs is a guaranteed recipe for seizures :(

I'm so scared... :cry:

:hug: monet :( I know how you feel with being scared going off important meds- can't they replace it with a safer drug??? :'(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->