Surgery Dilemma

A

AquaDementia

I was supposed to have surgery last September on my elbow, but it was canceled due to :baby:.
I have arthritis in my left elbow due to a previous injury, and now I am suffering with free floating bone fragments in the elbow joint that are making the pain worse. Funny enough, I haven't experienced a lot of pain with this arm for good 6 months or so. Last year, the pain was unbearable.

Now, my dilemma is pretty obvious:

I got called from the dr's office to ask if I would like to have the surgery NOW.
But, Mia is still small and I don't know how I would lift her since the recovery would be 10 days or so. In addition to that, my husband might have a broken tendon in his rotator cuff muscle and he might need surgery as well.

This is very frustrating because I really need to take care of my elbow before the joint degenerates any further, but the timing honestly sucks.

:hissy:

Don't really know what to suggest, but if you're going to need to have it done at some point, maybe it's better now while she is so small - once she's crawling/running around it might be even more difficult for you (and she'll be heavier then too!)

Will it be in a cast after the surgery? If it's kept still you might be able to lift her without doing any damage to it. Did you ask your doctor about what you would be able to do straight after surgery?

Hope you get it all sorted soon x

i agree, now sucks, but it is better now than over the next few years. She isnt too heavy yet and 10 days is kinda a worse case scenario.

I have degenerative arthritus and if i could get preventative surgery now I would be overjoyed!

:hug: hun dont really hav advice sorry

I think what sam's mum said could be good idea tho hav it done before Mia is crawling and running around

If you can have some help from your family I'd say you should do it now! It won't be better to do it when Mia starts to run around like a little monkey. :dohh:

I think I would go and get the surgery.... And get it out of the way while she is still light. Good luck... :hugs:

I think your husband's injury would have to wait. Fix your elbow while your baby is still small because you will need it to work properly when he is older and heavier and a lot more active. At least babies sleep most of the time,so actually this is the better time. Do you have family nearby that can help you in the early days of recovery?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->