• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Surname is a colour!

Katia-xO

Mummy to 1 & baking #2
Reaction score
Help me please.

Dd2 is due in March and we can't agree, I said a potential ok to one from OHs list that I didn't hate but I've gone off it loads as time has gone by so need to find one we'll both love.

What goes with a colour surname?!

I think most names go with Green!
Sophia
Abigail
Evelyn
Emma
Emily
Lola
Claire

I think a long vowel name would go lovely!

Evangeline
Emmeline
Annabella
Annalise
Eloise

Xx

I went to school with a girl who's surname was green. We all knew her as Emma. It was only when we had a supply teacher that we found out her first name was actually Emerald! Which I definately wouldn't recommend :lol:
I think a lot of things do go with green though, I'm very bias, but Evelyn is a beautiful name. Emily would go nicely too

I think most names go too! Off the top of my head I can think of...

Emily
Sophie
Jessica
Hannah
Elouise
Hallie/Hallia

Thanks guys. Having a bigger gap for us now means there are like 8 baby girls across both family sides since we had dd and they've used the good names that go really well :haha:

I love Evelyn and Sophie but both are cousins names now. Sophia is another on one side.

I don't like ones like Abigail, I grew up with a few at school that were called "flabby" and it just made me feel awful about the name.

I love old lady names :flow: does Iris/Ivy go?

I think Ivy Green sounds lovely but also descriptive.

I like Amelie/Emily but we have an Amelia in the family too. Too similar?

I dont think too similar. Adelaide? Love that name. Olivia?

I agree with everyone else, I think quite a lot of names go with Green as a last name. I don't think Emily is too similar to Amelia, Amelie might be though.

I didn't even consider baby's last name when we picked DD1s name, it goes well though. This baby has had more thought put into her name, mostly because OH didn't like my first choice of name

I agree with everyone else, I think quite a lot of names go with Green as a last name. I don't think Emily is too similar to Amelia, Amelie might be though.

I didn't even consider baby's last name when we picked DD1s name, it goes well though. This baby has had more thought put into her name, mostly because OH didn't like my first choice of name

Not the ones that I like :( and Emily is far, far too common at the moment for me to choose.

I wish I could change giving my first that surname then they both could have had my surname and been fine!

I think Amelie would be fine, it sounds quite different to Amelia. Some more old-fashioned names:
Ada
Audrey
Willa
Stella
Iris
Emilia
Mabel
Mae/May
Felicity
Penelope (nn Nell)
Violet
Viola
Hazel
Lydia
Matilda

I love Evelyn (could be Evie for short). I’m not sure how to spell Eh-vee though without people thinking it’s Eee-vee.
I love the name Ivy, but I don’t know about it going with Green. Iris is beautiful, too.

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->