Suspected ovulation problem at 40 - GP? Clomid?

Halle71

Pregnant with number 2!
Reaction score
Morning ladies

I would appreciate any advice from people in my position.

I might be panicking too soon but I 40 I kmow time is running out and I suspect that I may be having problems ovulating.

It's a combination of gut instinct and physical changes. My periods have suddenly become irregular (rather than a clockwork 28 day cycle, for the last 6 months they have been 27-34 days), I now have less EWCM and my ‘main’ periods have become lighter and shorter but they drag on (as in red blood for 10 extra days but not enough to use any sanitary products).

I invested in a CBFM and this is only my first cycle but I am on day CD17 and day 7 oh ‘highs’ with no peak.

Alone none of these symptoms would be a worry and I’m sure there will be lots of people telling me not to worry but together, and combined with my age, I am realy scared that we’ve left it to late.

Has anyone been in this position in their early 40s and seen their GP? What was the verdict?
I’ve been reading about Clomid and if I am right this may be an option – are you in a similar position to me and have been prescribed Clomid?

What I will probably do if I don’t get a ‘peak’ on y CBFM this month is see my GP and exaggerate (er lie) about the number of months this has happened in the hope I can act quickly, although I don’t hold much hope with the NHS if I need more than Clomid.

I have been taking Agnus Castus, EP and Co enzyme Q10 for one month.

Sorry if this is a bit of a panic email and thanks for reading.

Hx

Morning ladies

I might be panicking too soon but I 40 I kmow time is running out and I suspect that I may be having problems ovulating.

It's a combination of gut instinct and physical changes. My periods have suddenly become irregular (rather than a clockwork 28 day cycle, for the last 6 months they have been 27-34 days), I now have less EWCM and my ‘main’ periods have become lighter and shorter but they drag on (as in red blood for 10 extra days but not enough to use any sanitary products).

I invested in a CBFM and this is only my first cycle but I am on day CD17 and day 7 oh ‘highs’ with no peak.

Alone none of these symptoms would be a worry and I’m sure there will be lots of people telling me not to worry but together, and combined with my age, I am realy scared that we’ve left it to late.

Has anyone been in this position in their early 40s and seen their GP? What was the verdict?
I’ve been reading about Clomid and if I am right this may be an option – are you in a similar position to me and have been prescribed Clomid?

What I will probably do if I don’t get a ‘peak’ on y CBFM this month is see my GP and exaggerate (er lie) about the number of months this has happened in the hope I can act quickly, although I don’t hold much hope with the NHS if I need more than Clomid.

Hx

Hi Halle, I am new to this site so I am not much help but there are a multitude of ladies I know who will come fourth.

I just wanted to let you know that I am in my early fourties and have two children with the last one being born when I was 40! He was conceived via clomid and so was my daughter (who is almost 7). Don't lose hope. You're still young!! Do you know when your mother went through her change? Daughters usually mimmick their mothers -- for the most part! Of course there are always exceptions to the rule. (My mother did not go through her change until her mid 50's) That may give you a some peace of mind.

On a different note I lived in London for four years (how I miss it) we lived right on the Thames (Canary Wharf). I used to work at the American Embassy in the Ambassador's office. We got pregnant in London. My OB over there was Mr. Brooks... He was so awesome. Great bedside manner.

Good luck to you. I know it's hard NOT to get stressed as we all are whether a lot or a little. I know I am. I waited too long between my daughter and my son becaues I "wanted to get my figure back"...before getting preggos again. Wish I wouldn't have waited so long because now we're having trouble.

Baby dust to all............

Hello - I just wanted to pop you a hello. I'm 39 and will be 40 in the summer. Just to let you know some of the processes I have been through, hope it helps, with the NHS I have had an HSG (to check if Fallopian tubes are blocked) and now starting 3 months of Tamoxifen (Similar to Clomid) - soon to have an ultra sound to see if I am ovulating as well more blood tests (Progesterone). I am too old for free IVF/IUI on the NHS so will have to go the private route. Hoping that the Tamoxifen tablets do the trick. Pls do go down to your docs as soon as poss to get a referral to the fertility clinic - they can do all these checks, and to be honest they have been pretty quick for the NHS in seeing me. Good luck to you :) x

Thanks YGD1, that gives me hope. I want to be pregnant NOW but at least I know that there are solutions even if it does take more time.
We couldn't try sooner because I was made redundant and it took me a while to find a new job. I'm kicking myself though because got pregnant so easily the first time.

And Queenieplum, that's also really good to know. I imagined that the NHS would take forever but I guess that if I push hard for care it is possible.
I have just found out that work will pay for a 'Wellwoman' consultation for us so I am going to mention it then as well.

Hopefully I'm making a mountain out of a molehill but I don't want to miss out because I have been complacent.

Good luck with it all Halle - if you need any help from what I am going through then I would gladly share with any tips/advice that I pick up. All the best to you xx

Thanks for your replies ladies :)

I've been googling (obsessively) and found lots and lots of people who have got BFPs but not had a peak on their CBFM. Great - there was me thinking I'd solved the problem of when to DTD but it may not help at all.

Hx

Thanks for your replies ladies :)

I've been googling (obsessively) and found lots and lots of people who have got BFPs but not had a peak on their CBFM. Great - there was me thinking I'd solved the problem of when to DTD but it may not help at all.

Hx

Don't worry, it's only your first cycle, the monitor will settle down. x

Morning ladies

Hx

hey there! hi............just wanted to send some baby dust to you and FX's for you. I have similar situation that might be of some help to you: I am 43, have had 5 children, but my last was 7 years ago. we have been trying for about 7 months (which is unusual for me-usually get PG straight away), so i just knew something was wrong. Doc's aren't very helpful if you don't have alot of "cash" KWIM ? so............i did some research into herbal remedies. I see you have been taking AC! that's great! i too, started taking AC, EPO, prenatals and folic acid, but what i didn't know, or realize, is that I had gained 20 pounds in 6 months! very unusual for me too, and it was the Benadryl i was taking to help me sleep. i didn't put two and two together, so i cut that out, cause it was causing me to gain weight, and my AF's were non-existent practically, with no O or CM ever anymore. i was busy with life, and didn't' notice till i didn't get any BFP's. Since taking AC/Epo and no Bena.......i have finally had EWCM a couple of weeks ago, a positive OPK and we DTD like crazy! the herbs have only been in my system a month, and i feel great! like i am normal again, make sense? i guess i was experiencing a hormonal imbalance with everything and now it seems to be working! yay! anyways........am almost done with my TWW and FX's it worked this time. have ALOT of symptoms so we shall see.

hopefully AC will straighten things out for u. i feel that it did for me. hopefully i will posting a BFP in a week or so!

btw.......i too was prescribed Clomid, haven't tried it yet. wanted to go the herbal route first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->