Swaddling

Aidan's Mummy

Mummy to Aidan and Oliver
Reaction score
I've recently started swaddling Aidan, my sister and health visitor recommened it to me when he wouldn't settle. It works a treat for Aidan nd he goes off almost straight away. I find it amazing. Just wondered how many people still use this technique??
xx

I've never swaddled Lexie. I've had no troubles yet, so I've not needed to. :)

I never swaddled but I did notice when I started to use a sleeping bag she would sleep so much better, that is when she actually starting sleeping through, I guess it is similar to swaddling? :) x

I started swaddling Niamh again for naps. Helps her settle a lot more and she sleeps for longer :)

never needed to, but I'm with fairywings- sleeping bag is wonderful

Ive done a couple of times when paige was smaller when we were out in town because she wouldn't settle, and it worked x

I tried swaddling Aiden when he was a newborn but he hated it and all he did was scream. So it didn't work with him at all.

i tried it but jack hated it! he likes to be free and move even as a newborn!

Tiffs doesn't like it. She likes to have her arms out and be able to move about. x

I used to and she loved it. However she's now bigger and has a sleeping bag I put her in...

we always have swaddled tyler but he was starting to try and fight his way out of it so we bought a miracle blanket to use and its fab!! xx

Benn hated it but Ellie loved it i never did it tight just a loose swaddle i still put the blanket around her she loves it. Its not tight just dead loose and most nights she sleeps through!

We did until very recently :) Worked wonderfully!

Addison is 8 months and I still swaddle her

I love it. Its one of the great things that I took away from working in a nursery, was knowing how and why to swaddle.

Jasper is such a wiggly boy, I'll pop my head into his room when he's asleep and see him thrashing around - if he wasn't swaddled he'd be flopping around his cot and inevitable wake himself up.

yeah Annabelle gets swaddled for bed and she settles really well

Lou
xxx

I love it. Its one of the great things that I took away from working in a nursery, was knowing how and why to swaddle.

Jasper is such a wiggly boy, I'll pop my head into his room when he's asleep and see him thrashing around - if he wasn't swaddled he'd be flopping around his cot and inevitable wake himself up.

:rofl: That sounds like my daughter!! She LOVES to wriggle abd makes herself even more tired doing it. We now let her have a kick and a wriggle on her playmat in her bedroom after her bath to get it all out of her system, then swaddle her up for bed!

We swaddle London still - she seems to sleep much better that way. We've had a couple nights where she was unswaddled - one successfully, the rest not so much. As long as she fits in the blanket I think I'll continue!! :hugs:

We used to do it and it worked like a charm. Kathryn is too big and strong now to be swaddled anymore and she likes sticking her butt up and having her hands up by her face.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->