swaddling...

baby D

Joshua and Amelia x
Reaction score
does anyone/is anyone planning on swadling their LO? I hear that it makes them feel safe and secure, while tiny - which kinda makes sense after the snug conditions of mummy's womb....but what about blankets? would i still need to put a blanket over them in their cots at night, if they are swaddled? Am worried about over heating and layers...

Any thoughts?

:hug:

Just see how warm your room is hun. If it gets chilly at night, you may want to put an extra blanket on them. If it is warm, it may be enough. It also depends how many layers LO has on too. Last night, mine had a vest, a sleepsuit, a swaddle blanket and a sheet tucked over the top. He was perfectly happy and snug!
Plus, don't worry too much about it - if LO is too cold or too warm, they will soon let you know!!!!

I'm definitely planning on trying swaddling - I have heard that not all babies enjoy it, so will have to see what Peanut likes when he or she arrives.

I agree with Kat on what to do about blankets and layers.

I had a swaddle blanket for my last baby and he hated it but will try again with this one

I want to try swaddling, but will have to see if LO takes to it or not.

I plan on attempting to swaddle! We shall see tho! I really like the new blankets you can buy that basically swaddle for you, you just throw the Velcro piece around and BAM it's done! :)

at parentcraft my MW told us not to swaddle cos it makes the baby overheat too easily, she said just to place the blanket over and tuck it under each side and tuck it under the bottom, so air can still get in but the baby is covered

i think i will swaddle her when shes up but prob not in the cot, just in case

xxx

Forgot to say earlier, Oliver doesn't like his arms being swaddled, but likes the rest of him to be snuggly! So I just swaddle from the underarms down. All babies are different, so try everything once!!!

I might be getting one of these: https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=290259160982

i am going to try to swadle but just with ordinary blankets so baby can get out if it doesnt like it, there are some that tie up at the front and they look like straight jackets lol

xxx

I think alot depends on the baby....

...My first would only sleep when swaddled, her movements kept waking her up and she just seemed to love the feeling...

...my others hated it and screamed the house down when i tried it.

I will try with this one but it will be up to him/her xxx

i am going to try to swadle but just with ordinary blankets so baby can get out if it doesnt like it, there are some that tie up at the front and they look like straight jackets lol

xxx

Ditto.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"