Swapping around lunch and dinner?

L

Laura--x

Atm our routine goes like this...

5/6am - bottle. Usually around 5oz

8.30/9am - breakfast followed bt the rest of her formula.

12pm.. used to be another bottle but ive recently changed this and started offering her finger foods. Cucumber,apple,pear,toast ect.

2.30pm -7oz bottle.

5pm - dinner. Half a jar of baby food.

6.30pm - bottle before bed.

The health visitor told me last wednesday to drop her 12pm and 2.30pm bottle bottle and offer her finger foods, and at dinner time give her whatever we eat. I found doing both at once was too much for her, so ive gone back to giving her the jars for dinner and getting her used to the finger foods for lunch first.

What ive found though, is when she has her dinner. She always wants alot more than what i give her, but what ive found, is when she has more dinner, she doesnt want much bottle before bed, so when she doesnt have much milk she wakes up during the night for bottles.

Could i turn it around so that she has her breakfast, then at 12pm i give her a jar of food, then at 5pm i give her a pudding or something? Then finger foods for snacks in between? Would it work that way?

i think u shud go with ur feelings as u no her best. weaning zane seems so long ago now lol but hed had 3 meals a day of baby rice along with 4 oz of milk at everytime then when i felt he was ready he had baby cereal then for lunch hed have a jar then pudding and the same at dinner with snacks in the day of fruit and rusks to get him used to feeding himself.

but zanes always loved his milk and ive never cut them down he dropped bottles himself so i waited till he told me what he wanted. at one point he dropped down to 1 bottle in the day and one at bedtime then wake up in the night for another feed.

ive never made things easy for myself lol even now he wakes for a night feed so i cant win lol

I stopped Isobel having a 4pm bottle because she refuses to take a 7pm bottle - bed time. She is still well over the pint of milk a day..

I give her 3meals a day, but offer snacks at 10am and one about 2pm if she's up. I also give her, her food then bits to eat/play with afterwards. I also give her a savoury then pudding afterwards, it was a way of increasing her volume of food because she'd scream at bed time. I also feed to appetite.

I'm not sure if that info helps at all...

Chloe is on 3 meals but i offer her a bottle then food about 45-60 minutes later. She rarely has toast with breakfast but for lunch she has a jar of food and half a yoghurt then most of the time half a rusk! For tea she has half a jar of food and half a jar of dessert. Im completely stumped on what other finger foods to give her lol

Im suprised the HV advised you to drop bottles as i thought they still had to have loads of milk? I was told Chloe would drop the bottles herself.(someone mentioned 22oz a day?) I used to offer her 4x8oz but its now 2x8oz(first and last bottle) and 2x6oz although with the second 6oz bottle she's starting to take less and less.
I she rarely has a full bottle now but i expected that with all the food she has!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->