Swapping to cloth for 12 hours at night - heavy wetter

colsy

Mummy to 2 li'l pudd'ns
Reaction score
Prob been asked loads of times before, but here goes ... we always use cloth nappies during the day (apart from once a week at swimming, where the pool dictates that we use disposable swim nappies). At night however we wimp out and use Nature Babycare disposables. These are now only just absorbing everything, as generally we're leaving baby in the same disposable all night, so from 7pm til about 7am. He is a heavy wetter. Plus he sometimes poos at night without us knowing. I would truly love to use cloth at night, but like I say even the disposables are only just absorbent enough so I am far too nervous to try cloth for a full 12 hours. Anybody got any advice?

Hi Colsy
We've got the same problem and I think we've almost cracked it. Emmett easily outwees Totsbots stretchies, Popins and even HL Bedbugs are a bit hit and miss. We tried Issy Bears with a night time insert but because they are so squishy it's a bit like a sponge so it goes up his back. The solution: Bumhuggers, boosted with a couple of hemp inserts, fleece liner to catch the poo and wool wraps. I think the wool does it somehow. I've got some Night Notions on order so we'll see about those.
Hope that's of some help.

WNNN with wool, LLS night nappies with wool....anything like that with wool or fleece wrap.
I really really rate WNNN and they have a pocket which can be stuffed with an extra booster if needed.

I second Bumhuggers. Tried them for the first time last night with a Motherease wrap and they worked a treat from 6.30pm - 6.30am.

ETA I didn't even add any extra boosters :)

My son wears tot bots bambozzles with a fleece liner and is fine for 12-13 hours.

Molly goes for 12 hours very easily in her LLS night nappies and also... I have recently discovered, her super boosted wild child workhorse!

My son wears tot bots bambozzles with a fleece liner and is fine for 12-13 hours.

Ditto for us - although we also add a bamboo booster x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->