sweep tomorrow how successful was it for you?

mummynummy

Reaction score
I have a sweep tomorrow and I'm wondering how successful are yours? With my first I was 4 days over and gave me two sweeps the second was successful, with my second I was 7 days over and gave me one and it got me into slow labour and my daughter was born 4 days later.
With this one I'm due a induction on the 18th and they like to give a sweep first to start labour naturally as its my third will it be more successful? I'm planning to go to town after as I heard walking helps after you have one.

I haven't really getting BH apart from after sex, this pregnancy been so different.

I had my 2nd sweep yesterday and so far nothing. This is my fourth baby!
Hope it works for you!!

With my 3rd baby I had a sweep at 40 weeks, it made me bleed a bit and was uncomfortable but it did nothing to start labour off, I wouldn't have one again I don't think, I went into labour a week later

the sweep did absolutely nothing for me :coffee: i had a bit of a bleed after both of mine but nothing started. not sure if id bother with one this time .
good luck , i hear they work for some :flower:

No cigar for me with either of my girls but my friend swears hers put her into labour at 41 weeks :thumbup:

Did nothing for me. I was induced 4 days later.

I had mine at 38-5 was 2.5cm dilated 60% effaced baby stationed at -2 (if I remember correctly) she gave me a sweep and I went into labor hours later

Thank you ladies, I had the sweep done and nothing afterwards. My cervix is still firm she can put one finger through and can feel the babies head but he still bobbing around. I'm now hoping my induction will work roll on the 18th :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->