Sweep!

cupcake0406

Reaction score
Hey ladies,

Just a quick question. I'm due to have a sweep at 38 weeks and I obviously realise that the sweep may be unsuccessful/cervix unfavourable but what I wanted to ask is whether any of you have had a sweep at 38 weeks and still made it over term?

I'm not having the sweep to have it, I'm having it due to the size of my previous baby along with shoulder dystocia and therefore as a method to try and avoid induction and section.

Thank you in advance!

X

I had a sweep at 39 weeks, and today im 41 weeks pregnant. The sweep did nothing for me. x

I had a sweep at 39 weeks due to various reasons and I'm now 40 +2 with no sign of anything happening :(

Hope yours is more successful. Xx

Oh great! Haha! I had one with my daughter and went into labour 2 days later, doubt was related to sweep though but I'm hoping it will work this time! Argh! Hope your babies come soon ladies! Xx

Hi ladies, thought I'd join in, hope u r well:) I'm due 2/4, had growth scan last week n baby measured 9.5.. Got an appointment on thursday which will make me 40+2 .. I'm going to ask for a sweep too, just concerned about baby getting distressed on way out :( if much bigger.. I'd like to know how ur sweep went x good luck x

Apple x

Hi Apple, haven't had my sweep and won't for another 7 weeks was just enquiring about possibilities ;) my daughter was 9lb 6.5oz and had shoulder dystocia (shoulders get stuck behind the symphysis pubis) however there are manoeuvres for this and she was able to be delivered without breaking any bones thank goodness or causing any long lasting nerve damage. To be honest though it doesn't depend on the size of the baby, it can happen with smaller babies too and is more about the size of the baby in relation to your pelvis size/shape. I wouldn't worry if this was my first baby and I was measuring big as they knew she was going to be big, it's just if the baby is bigger than she was then I know I will probably have great difficulty with the shoulders again.

Growth scans are not always accurate and in a lot of cases can vary up to 2lb!

I hope your sweep goes well, try and keep a positive mind and remember if the doctors felt you couldn't deliver naturally then they would have discussed this with you :) so fingers crossed for a smooth birth xxx

I had a sweep given to me while waiting to have my waters broken at 38 weeks,Had some contractions then About 24 hours after my waters broke and i went into labour on my own,I credit the success of my sweep on my walking and keeping active

Hi
They gave me a sweep today and They sent me home to see if anything does happen... then Im back Monday - for another sweep and to see when they will induce x

I'm having another today too...let's hope this works!

Good luck everyone xx

i had a sweep at 38 weeks and my waters went bang in 39 weeks. Not sure if the sweep actually helped or not lol x

Hi ladies I had sweep this morning, they said I was 2cm dilated.. Got to go for another sweep on Tuesday and booked for induction on 12th x

I had a sweep with DD at 39+5 and still had to be induced at 42+6. With this one I had a sweep yesterday but I think I have another baby that just doesnt want to come out on own. Im schedule for another sweep next week and induction on the 15th

I started getting contractions every 7 minutes yesterday about 3 hrs after sweep .. Def know difference from BH with being my third and then they stopped in the night. Sooo frustrating ..:)

I had my sweep yesterday 40+1 she said she could touch babies head and was 2cm dilated. Have had constant period pains since the sweep. And then since I've been up thismorning i am losing more and more browny plug. Looks like things are happening hopefully?

3days since sweep now, lost plug this morning.. Quite uncomfortable:(

Hope this is start of something xx

Fx for u too gemsar x

Hope all u ladies are doing ok x

Thanks apple. I've just reposted a new forum with my progress today xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member